Who's Finally Connected?!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...there have been quite a few threads about update issues...i thought i would make a thread, a breath of fresh air..about who is finally connected and how the apps are operating? post it up!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Doing a second phone right now and it is going real smooth. The first one was a different story. Took forever this morning.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I updated mine this afternoon around 2:30 central & took about 30min. I had connecting problems with it timing out but I eventually go through & everything so far has been running smoothly!:cool:

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
I connected about 6:30pm (EST) with no problems. Took about 30-45 minutes and have already downloaded a couple of free apps from the store and paid for one. No problems at all ..... everything ok for me.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...thanks for posting your success...its giving me all the confidence go ahead and sync...

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
im so glad i decided to get the 3G, didn't think u could get much better with the original but i like this one. It definitely kinda just sinks in your hand and feels good when your typing, the screen takes some getting use to because it seems more compact but it grows on u real fast..i just went to my laundry room and i had 5 bars..never had that before i think someone said the plastic back will help the reception..the scientific caculator is awesome too..the back is so shiny and pretty it might seem like its getting smudgy real quick but it cleans easily with just a good cloth and looks very cool in the light..i got the black 8GB...now i gotta go play with the app store :laugh2:

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
im so glad i decided to get the 3G, didn't think u could get much better with the original but i like this one. It definitely kinda just sinks in your hand and feels good when your typing, the screen takes some getting use to because it seems more compact but it grows on u real fast..i just went to my laundry room and i had 5 bars..never had that before i think someone said the plastic back will help the reception..the scientific caculator is awesome too..the back is so shiny and pretty it might seem like its getting smudgy real quick but it cleans easily with just a good cloth and looks very cool in the light..i got the black 8GB...now i gotta go play with the app store :laugh2:
glad you dropped a couple hundred bucks for a good feel, screen that takes getting used to, and being able to talk and fold laundry at the same time?

how could you resist?

meh, im just kidding. i was bitter about how few new features the phone offered but said 2.0 would make it better. now im sitting here with a useless phone because the update wont go through for me.

damn you Apple.

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
meh, im just kidding. i was bitter about how few new features the phone offered but said 2.0 would make it better. now im sitting here with a useless phone because the update wont go through for me.

damn you Apple.
hang in there..its worth the wait

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
that's good...another one to build my confidence that everything is good...so you did str8 through iTunes correct?

yeah.........it took some time this afternoon but i am cool now

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Tried it tonight. Had a "backup" error but performed a Restore then synced without a glitch! Good to go here!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've just been connected at 8:15 (AM). Fortunately I was in and out of AT&T with no problems. Trying out Loopt now to see what it's all about.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I've just been connected at 8:15 (AM). Fortunately I was in and out of AT&T with no problems. Trying out Loopt now to see what it's all about.
cool. let's us know what you think about it. i will be getting loopt as well.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
cool. let's us know what you think about it. i will be getting loopt as well.
So far Loopt seems pretty cool. I only know 1 other person on it right now so I can't get the full spectrum of it but it tells the distance you're away. I think think it's kind of a creeper App but it could prove useful down the road.