Who's getting the new iPhone? (Poll)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Will you buy the new iPhone 5?

• Yes

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Very underwhelming. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing new and it just about caught up with competition. Well done Apple. Thankfully I have an iPhone 4 so the upgrade will be fairly substantial to me but I feel sorry for those with an iPhone 4S. Did people really think Apple was going to bring out a whole new looking phone? lol

Will you buy the new iPhone?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Seems to me like you are the one complaining, not iPhone 4s owners.
I'm a 4s owner and this upgrade is amazing, you are smoking something fierce if you think other iPhones were a bigger upgrade than this time.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
Seems to me like you are the one complaining, not iPhone 4s owners.
I'm a 4s owner and this upgrade is amazing, you are smoking something fierce if you think other iPhones were a bigger upgrade than this time.
What exactly is amazing about it?
Let's see LTE, nice but not amazing since for me the ipad3 has it.
Better chip and camera, OK. nice but not amzazing again. Just a cycle update.

I am disappointed by the screen change, just taller not wider, blah.

I am keeping my 4S, but my wife's crapberry is gone and she will get this new iPhone5.

The the iPhone 4 to 4S, I am not impressed by Apple's update. Nice but the form factor is not an improvement IMHO. The extra speed will be nice but nothing else is that important to run out and get.

The Siri improvements will be nice in the stock iOS.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
My 4s will run ios6 just as well,so what you get another row of apps and you get black bars in landscape mode.. Not blown away at all. Apple are worried about designing a totally new groundbreaking phone in case they loose there customers,so they just thin it down a touch faster couple of hours better battery life and couple of ml taller... I'm sticking with my 4s,I like the glass back...

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Yeah I'm not too excited about the 5. I AM excited about the iPod touch though! I have the 4s and I wanted the bigger screen, but taller isn't probably going to do it for me :(

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I'm seriously considering keeping my 4S and just replacing the back glass with a iPhone 5 style (because I like the way it looks)..

I don't think I will pre-order like I had planned and will see how OS 6 is on the 4S..

I don't need or care about LTE and I can see the new size causing most of my apps issues..

Not really blown away with the 5 and do not like the new connector and would hate the earphone jack on the bottom...

I'm actually kind of bummed...

engelke2010

Bronze
Mar 29, 2010
If I had the 4s, I might think twice about upgrading. But I never did upgrade from the 4 to 4s, so I will upgrade now. For me, the LTE is enough, but the other additions are frosting on the cake IMHO.

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
I will see how the OS upgrade performs on my 4s before I buy the 5...but the larger screen is tempting tho... It seems to be just enough w/o going overboard like the Galaxy III

bryan396

Oct 21, 2011
FYI, how ? At least with AT&T, it would cost too much as this is too early in the cycle.
AT&T said I could pay $250+ the two year contract price ($199)= 450. If I can sell my 4s for $350 then I get a 5 for about $100

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Markyboy

Bronze
Oct 29, 2011
I'll be staying with the 4s. If I had a 4 I'd most probably upgrade. Lte is all well and good but all but unavailable where I live (uk) and in any case would rip through my Internet allowance in a matter of minutes (500mb lol)

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Ordering as an upgrade to my 4s and I see it as a significant upgrade, not sure what the OP means. The good news for me is my wife is still on a 3GS and she's taking my 4s so it's a big win all around.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Underwhelming is your opinion... IP5 = cumulative features (updates, & enhancements to existing platform). The A6 processor was not certain...A5x a possibility. A6 speed makes the "expected updates" that much better.