Who's getting the new iPhone? (Poll)

Will you buy the new iPhone 5?

• Yes

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters
Aug 13, 2011
It seems as though Apple is getting less innovative. Hopefully bigger things are on the horizon, but I wasn't too excited over the iPhone 5. I'll probably still get it...maybe that's what APPLE is expecting all of us to do...

Aug 13, 2011
White was a horror for me. Shows dirt too easily. The new slate looks great!

Markyboy

Bronze
Oct 29, 2011
You make a good point but probably not worth making it 3 times :)

cindra

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
North Carolina
I'm not sure on this one. I have the 4, so it would be a pretty good upgrade, BUT: I carry the phone in my front pocket. With the thinner, longer form factor I feel like it would snap in half or something; it seems fragile. I think I'd really have to hold it in my hands and see how it "feels" before I could make the jump and commit to it. I'll either be getting it or upgrading to a 4S in any case, as I'll be switching carriers. I've decided AT&T can take a flying leap.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Very underwhelming. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing new and it just about caught up with competition. Well done Apple. Thankfully I have an iPhone 4 so the upgrade will be fairly substantial to me but I feel sorry for those with an iPhone 4S. Did people really think Apple was going to bring out a whole new looking phone? lol

Will you buy the new iPhone?
ImageUploadedByiCafe1347482489.008878.jpg

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
All in for me and the missus! No LTE woulda killed it for us as we are on VZW and I have been "dealing" with their 2.3meg (when its good) 3G long enough.

I would have like to see a 4 inch screen without it just being taller, but I am sure it will feel natural after a couple of days.

So LTE, 4" screen, better chip, better battery (than my 4s) and an improved camera seems like a step up to me!

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
A little disappointed I guess. I was hoping for a worthy opponent to the Galaxy S3.

Size is smaller. Camera inferior. Great OS though. That's the reason I've stuck with Apple.

But, using a friends galaxy and seeing how crisp the screen was and how much better the camera is over my 4s, it was a disappointing launch for me.

We have a better OS. The other phone is nicer.

There's my 2cents.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
A little disappointed I guess. I was hoping for a worthy opponent to the Galaxy S3.

Size is smaller. Camera inferior. Great OS though. That's the reason I've stuck with Apple.

But, using a friends galaxy and seeing how crisp the screen was and how much better the camera is over my 4s, it was a disappointing launch for me.

We have a better OS. The other phone is nicer.

There's my 2cents.
- IP4s = A5 dual-core cpu
- Galaxy S3 = quad-core cpu
- IP5 = A6 quad-core cpu

IP5 retina screen with better graphics; & sapphire camera lens...anticipate some comparisons in pic quality soon after 09/21/12:)

leggz2di4

Bronze
Jul 26, 2010
New York
Me coming from a dreaded blackberry am still not sure if I will get the 4s or the 5. Hopefully by the time I am upgrade eligible (10/1) people will have received theirs and posted about the 5 so that I can make a decision.

Sadly still rocking a blackberry...but for not much longer!
Loving my iPad 2.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
In my opinion

iPhone 5 pluses

--LTE
--Bigger screen
--Faster processor
--The back plate instead of glass on the 4 and 4S

Draw

Camera (same camera on the 4S)

iPhone 5 minuses

--Apps rendering on new screen
--Headphone jack on bottom
--New connector

I am 50/50 right now if I should get it over my 4S.. I like the look of it and I like the bigger screen. I can care less about LTE and the new dock connector and headphone jack at the bottom are serious negatives for me.

I'm sure the gadget junkie in me will have to push the order button on Friday but if I was not a junkie, I'd probably pass on it..

My .02

Fishcake

Sep 12, 2012
I want it, But im not sure if I will actually buy it. Im probably more likely to get the S version the next year as that is when my contract runs out.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I am pre-ordering and going to have to pay retail cause i have a galaxy s3 recently on contract. So hoping i really really love the thing lol.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
This is what it says for me:
  • As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on an iPhone upgrade on 5/29/2013.
The site of course doesn't list the 5 yet, but on a lark, I pretended to order a 4S, and it told me it would cost me $449 for the 16GB. I can assume that's basically what it will then be for the 5, so nope-I will clearly not be upgrading until my full discount is available. I bought my 4S very early this year, like maybe January. So guess May 2013 would be when I am getting it. I'd have to make a whole boatload of $$$$ before then in order to get it sooner. I bought at partial discount once before. I think maybe on the 4, but I can't justify doing it again.
Sure, the quicker speed on the 5 is nice. I'm always up for that!
I am disappointed that the camera is the same. It doesn't take the best pictures-mine tend to be grainy when I make them bigger and at 8MP, that shouldn't be the case. They're fine when viewed on my phone, but when I have made them my desktop, they're grainy. (and I'm talking a 13 inch laptop) I have other pictures used as my desktop that are fine and have same MP.
So, this time around I am fine with waiting much longer. While for me it's not a huge blow me away upgrade, yes, if I could get it at the $199 full discount, yes, I would get it probably by December or so.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I'm in. I just wanted a bigger screen. If my 4s would have had a bigger screen I'd be content. No other complaints.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
What exactly is amazing about it?
Let's see LTE, nice but not amazing since for me the ipad3 has it.
Better chip and camera, OK. nice but not amzazing again. Just a cycle update.

I am disappointed by the screen change, just taller not wider, blah.

I am keeping my 4S, but my wife's crapberry is gone and she will get this new iPhone5.

The the iPhone 4 to 4S, I am not impressed by Apple's update. Nice but the form factor is not an improvement IMHO. The extra speed will be nice but nothing else is that important to run out and get.

The Siri improvements will be nice in the stock iOS.
Apple found a way to improve battery performance while adding a bigger screen, faster processor, LTE. The battery was slightly increased. What other manufacturer was able to pull that off? Every other phone that I know of that added LTE alone lost battery life. The Droid Razr Maxx was able to do it but not without a huge battery.

lwerle

Bronze
Feb 6, 2012
Staying with my 4S. I absolutely love it. Nothing about the 5 screams "come and get me!" Besides, my phone is fast on 3G, why do I need super fast? I'm good. Contentment is priceless.

irainbow_chic

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
What about the grandfather unlimited, any word on that yet?