Votes: 53 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
I really feel Apple almost contradicted themselves by also introducing the new iPod touch. It is so similar to the iPhone 5 and the pricing matters to students like me who is often on a budget but still desires a new Apple product every now and then. S$SGD 398 for a 32 GB is worth the money for me.

Don't get me wrong, but the iPhone 5 didn't do enough to wow me to get it. It still will triumph as the gold standard until the next iPhone comes.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
i am upgrading both me and the wife....

both white and black look great......can't decide if I want white or not

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
In my opinion

iPhone 5 pluses

--LTE
--Bigger screen
--Faster processor
--The back plate instead of glass on the 4 and 4S

Draw

Camera (same camera on the 4S)

iPhone 5 minuses

--Apps rendering on new screen
--Headphone jack on bottom
--New connector

I am 50/50 right now if I should get it over my 4S.. I like the look of it and I like the bigger screen. I can care less about LTE and the new dock connector and headphone jack at the bottom are serious negatives for me.

I'm sure the gadget junkie in me will have to push the order button on Friday but if I was not a junkie, I'd probably pass on it..

My .02
Apple's shown off the new camera that'll be a part of the iPhone 5 from their live event in San Francisco. While the iPhone 4S already contains an amazing camera, the iPhone 5 will add sapphire crystal construction, better handling in low light environments, and HD FaceTime support.

Along with better handling in low light will come features such as precision lens alignment. The camera will remain at the 8 MP we currently have in the iPhone 4S along with the five-element lens construction and f/2.4 aperture. All of this will be bundled with better image handling and a thinner package for an all around better quality image.

Same camera?

--Apps rendering really a non-issue; and no more so than with new iPad retina screen

--Headphone jack now on same end as connector so wires all exit same end. I personally see this as a huge benefit.

--New connector...now much smaller, and reversible. A minus?

--And the clincher...A6 processor (quad-core) is a DRAW? Do you have the first clue about technology...

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
As much as I love this iPhone 5 I won't eligible for the subsidized price until late spring 2013. By that time the focus will be on the new iPhone 6. I will hold out for the iPhone 6 this time. I have no intention of selling my iPhone 4S but rather give it as a gift to a dear friend, when I get ready to purchase the iPhone 6.

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
I'm most likely passing on this iteration of the iPhone. Hopefully the iPhone 7 will be more of a momentous upgrade compared to the "iPhone 5" that was presented today.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Waiting on the actual specs of this new a6 chip but yes I will be upgrading from my 4s

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
As much as I love this iPhone 5 I won't eligible for the subsidized price until late spring 2013. By that time the focus will be on the new iPhone 6. I will hold out for the iPhone 6 this time. I have no intention of selling my iPhone 4S but rather give it as a gift to a dear friend, when I get ready to purchase the iPhone 6.
Pay the $450 for ip5 sell your 4s for about $350'out of pocket about $100

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Apple's shown off the new camera that'll be a part of the iPhone 5 from their live event in San Francisco. While the iPhone 4S already contains an amazing camera, the iPhone 5 will add sapphire crystal construction, better handling in low light environments, and HD FaceTime support.

Along with better handling in low light will come features such as precision lens alignment. The camera will remain at the 8 MP we currently have in the iPhone 4S along with the five-element lens construction and f/2.4 aperture. All of this will be bundled with better image handling and a thinner package for an all around better quality image.

Same camera?
Notice I started my response that you refer to with -----> "In my opinion" <-----

Yes it's basically the same camera.. This one is thinner and prevents scratches.. The camera on my 4S is still scratch free

--Apps rendering really a non-issue; and no more so than with new iPad retina screen
A non issue for you perhaps but it's an issue for me...

--Headphone jack now on same end as connector so wires all exit same end. I personally see this as a huge benefit.
You see this as a benefit and I do not.. Different strokes for different folks..

--New connector...now much smaller, and reversible. A minus?
A $30 adapter needed to use my other chargers and the adapter looks stupid!

--And the clincher...A6 processor (quad-core) is a DRAW? Do you have the first clue about technology...
Umm it's NOT a quad core.. It's running dual ARM Cortex A15 cores...

I won't bother feeding or responding to the personal attack about technology... LOL

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
White was a horror for me. Shows dirt too easily. The new slate looks great!
This is not true at all, unless you are talking about a white 3G or S. it is impossible for a. White iPhone 4, 4S or 5 to show dirt.

And to everyone who is complaining that Apple is trending downward or they failed on this upgrade, I'll ask you one more time. Name me which iPhone had a bigger upgrade from one version to the very next?

The problem is, every year people set their self up for disappointment. They think there will be huge changes, that they won't even be able to recognize the phone. Why in the world would Apple do that? You tweak something that is successful, you don't go in a different direction.

Jill1228

Bronze
Dec 23, 2009
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have held out getting the 4s because I was waiting for the 5. It better be worth the wait.
DH is anti Apple and loves his blackberry

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
Calgary AB, Scottsdale, AZ
I want more information from Apple on that processor before I would commit. They were very careful not to give out much info other than it is faster than the 4S. too many people are buying because of the killer CPU yet there are no details about it yet! Doesn't make sense to me...

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What about the grandfather unlimited, any word on that yet?
I'm still under contract and signing a new contract once I order the phone. Still good on the unlimited plan with AT&T.

jford951

Bronze
Sep 23, 2009
I am still up in the air about it had it with AT&T an no LTE from AT&T in my area so even though wasn't greatly impressed with the 5 I might get one to leave AT&T

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Yeah I'm not too excited about the 5. I AM excited about the iPod touch though! I have the 4s and I wanted the bigger screen, but taller isn't probably going to do it for me :(
yeah, should have kept this thought process going! I'm getting it! Taking an upgrade from my moms line she will get the 4s, I get the 5 lol.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Still getting nervous about seeing the price here in the UK. I'm guessing the 32GB version will be £370 over here :(
Yeah I just checked what I will be paying for my 64 gb at retail. Damn I may keep this one for awhile. Its going to sting a bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Totally passing on this. Will stay with my 4S until I can no longer take the blandness that is the iOS. They really need to change the OS a bit. If they are not careful Android will blow past them with OS features if they haven't already done so. That S3 is looking really good right now.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Pay the $450 for ip5 sell your 4s for about $350'out of pocket about $100
I won't be selling my 4S but giving it to a dear friend as a gift. I also would prefer the 64 gigabyte model.I will wait unless AT&T changes its policy and moves up the date of subsidies.