Who's gonna buy Apple stock?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
With Apple recently announcing a 7 for 1 split, is anyone here gonna buy anyone? I'm looking to buy a share before the split.

I doubt my parents will let me buy...despite this being a quick turnaround.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I, being who I am, will contact my financial advisor about it and let them decide for me. :p But first I will read more into it so I can learn.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I was actually planning to buy the shares at around $80-$100 a share, but it makes more sense to buy the stock now and then get 7 total shares once the split is over.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I was actually planning to buy the shares at around $80-$100 a share, but it makes more sense to buy the stock now and then get 7 total shares once the split is over.
I'm not knowledgeable with stocks. I'm too busy with school and being on here. :)

I just emailed my advisor and her daughter who also works with him.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I'm not knowledgeable with stocks. I'm too busy with school and being on here. :)

I just emailed my advisor and her daughter who also works with him.
Let me know what he says, if you could.

I'm 16 and never bought stocks before. My businesss teacher is my advisor. :D

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Let me know what he says, if you could.

I'm 16 and never bought stocks before. My businesss teacher is my advisor. :D
I'm sure your businesss teacher / advisor may get back to you quicker especially if you have a phone number contact, but I will let you know what my advisor says. It's the weekend, so I won't get a response until Monday. By the way, I'm 23 if you did not know. I haven't bought stocks myself. This stock account was changed into my name but I've invested a lot of my own money now. If only I had knowledge haha. But I do know how to check if it goes up or down in cash. Hehe! :)

Lalala I can't wait until Monday. Wow did I just say that? But yeah I have a lot of stuff I'm dealing with. Insurance claims against a businesss that I won't name, and a few other things.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I have a friend who has done a lot of investing in the stock market. We were recently talking about buying stock. I'm in the same boat though, as I don't have money to buy shares unless I win the lottery... or make a brand new discovery. I'd like to buy a couple shares and get started soon.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have a friend who has done a lot of investing in the stock market. We were recently talking about buying stock. I'm in the same boat though, as I don't have money to buy shares unless I win the lottery... or make a brand new discovery. I'd like to buy a couple shares and get started soon.
A few shares in a good stock won't hurt ya. :)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I definitely didn't buy a few shares, but my financial advisors said they believe it'll be a good investment in at least one share. Apple is selling at $585 right now.

Google has done a split before. Of course the downfall with Apple is they have to create more and more products. Google just has to get themselves online while Apple has to continue thinking of new products. But hey, you walk down a street and almost everyone has an iPhone or an iPad, especially on college campuses.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Apple did their 7 for 1 share split today. I now have 7 shares, but in reality it's still the same thing. My 7 multiplied by the price now 93 = what I paid for the 1 share.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Instead of having 1 share at 595, you'll have 7 shares at $85. But, once the stock price goes up, you'll say have 7 shares at $300.
I see. I was told it'll get fixed in the system of course tonight, but the price will take a little while to settle down. :p

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Right now it shows negative for me. The split will not reflect until tonight.
The split took effect after hours on Friday.

I'm guessing you did it through an online service? Some places are having issues adjusting, some are showing they are down 86%, etc.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
The split took effect after hours on Friday.

I'm guessing you did it through an online service? Some places are having issues adjusting, some are showing they are down 86%, etc.
I purchased a share of Apple via on the phone with my advisor several weeks back or a month or longer I don't remember lol. Right now it shows Apple up. I was told it'll all settle down when the stock market closed tonight.