Who's not buying a 3G iPhone?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
And why? I just got my 16 gig and I am not enticed. They didn't add enough to make it worthwhile. Plus, I am really not in love with the plastic back.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I am not. I will keep my V1 iPhone forever, as I consider it a monumental piece of history. Seeing as how it works so well for me, I will also use it for another year or so. If they come out with a 32 gig model for a good price, I will likely upgrade then.

So who's with me? G1 iPhones FTW! ;)

gtrplyr

Jun 6, 2008
because i cant afford a monthly payment so im getting an ipod touch :[ maybe if i can find a job i can get this phone as its cheaper then an ipod touch as of right now....which is weird?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm probably going to get a 3G but I was really hoping for 32GB. The price point makes it worthwhile though. I'll still keep my v1 as a backup of course.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I'll be keeping my iDay iPhone. Nothing on the new phone tickles my fancy enough to but one.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have stated numerous times that I will stick with the phone I have. While Steve made the price very attractive, people still need to think about what the new data plans will be. Even if they stay the same, there isn't enough on the new phone to get me to switch. The App Store is my big thing.

matt4492

May 28, 2008
i will most likely wait it out, for a few reasons:
1. see how much the 3g plan will be
2. will we have to pay extra for full gps
3. how long will it be for a price cut and memory boost(like with ver 1)

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I'm not going to buy one because I already have a perfectly good gps in my car and I don't need to track a route and I never really use the internet on the phone for anything major besides looking things up quickly anyways. Plus it sounds like the battery life is going to be bad. The only people in my mind that should be buying these is just people that don't have iPhone's already.

Steve-O

Bronze
May 19, 2008
The announcement was pretty much what I expected. This is the iPhone for mass market and at this price point they will probably succeed. I'm not ashamed to admit I was happy with the thought of being one of the happy few who owned an iPhone in Belgium. Now it will be 'oh yeah, got one too...' It was my little box of magic that turned people's heads;)
3G alone isn't worth it for me to upgrade, and the gps (apparently not a real GPS?) neither...I'll go with wifi anyday of the week and the GPS I have work like a charm.
All in all, a little pleased with the lack of dramatic changes and a little annoyed with the iPhone for the masses.
G1 ftw!

disbthai

Sep 19, 2007
No thanks, I'll keep my v1. I'm always around Wifi and don't care too much about 3G. Nothing big about the new 3g phone if you ask me.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I wont be getting it either, really nothing that strikes me as a must have. I have semi gps already.

I have MMS on this one already, I have it jailbroken and modded to my liking and 3g to save 20 seconds on loading pages isn't a big deal to me

Not to mention I have video recording and the camera pro app.

If there was video chat or video mms or anything else I might go for it but its just not worth it to me.

mstape

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Not enough

I definitely wont switch - not enough for me to move over - If they would have just mentioned mms on the new - then yes - but still no mms .... cmon.
Also people arent thinking about whether or not this includes a rebate for new AT&T customers. They also did not mention anything of a rebate for that price point. I find it hard to believe that it would be 199 without some kind of rebate from At&t ?

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
The iPhone is their new product they will continue to enhance it and add features, however still no cut and paste, still no real MMS, are basics on a smartphone. When 2.0 comes out we will have all the same features as iPhone 3g except for GPS or faster internet.

I have wifi almost everwhere and GPS in my car so those features don't seal it for me, plus the v1 is more sleek looking.

Im more excited about the mobile me service that will allow push to my phone saving battery life.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I am most certainly getting one. The design is enough, but I really want GPS as well.

- John

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Not buying when? Ever or when they first come out? I can't say that I'll never get one, the 3G speed is appealing but I'm definitely not lining up to buy them on 7/11.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
anyone think the plastic back looks cheap?
No, I think it actually looks pretty nice. Right out of the box. How it will look in a week or two is the question.

Regardless, we all use cases right?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
No, I think it actually looks pretty nice. Right out of the box. How it will look in a week or two is the question.

Regardless, we all use cases right?
Im pretty sure hayes is anti-case. There are naked iPhone supporters out there :cool: