Who's skipping work for iDay

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by KenSolo, Sep 15, 2012.

1. KenSolo

KenSolo Member
    Bronze

Am I the only on that skip work to wait for my phone to be delivered?

2. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

Off fridays now so works out good for me :)

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

3. NYR2405

NYR2405 New Member

I'll be at work but I'm having my phone shipped to my job and I'm on vacation the following week so I can play with my phone all week.

4. KenSolo

KenSolo Member
    Bronze

It became a tradition at my job. They know I never come in on iDAY.

5. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

On past idays I had the iPhone delivered to work but being that I'll be standing in line on iday due to the fast preorder sell out, I'll be taking a half day.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

6. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

You'll get bored of it in a few hours lol jp

7. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Schedule was already made and the boss reschedule so I was off. Gotta love her.

8. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

My schedule is never the same but coincidentally, I'm off Thurs and Fri this week. Works out great for me bc I heard some people who ordered their 4S through AT&T last year got them delivered a day early. If my new 5 wants to come a day early, I'll be ready!

9. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I usually do but I was able to change my shipping address to my work address this year.

10. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

I used to do that with the 3G, 3GS, 4, and 4s! But I'm just having it delivered! IDAY has gone way down hill as far as excitement since they started doing pre orders!

11. Muckcityjustin

Gold

had mine to shipped to work so no calling out for me! I have taken off for previous iDay though

12. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I work from home 3 out of 4 Fridays a month and of all weeks to have to work on a Friday is next week. I have a meeting Friday so I will be tied up until about noon MST. I had the discussion with my wife about someone being home to sign for FedEx.

13. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I'll be at work waiting for UPS or Fedex to show up. I've normally taken the day off for iDays. I plan on driving up to the Apple store after work to see what accessories they have left though :)

14. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

The only time I skipped work was when the 3G and Halo 3 came out.

15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I'll be home Friday waiting for my new iPhone 5. I planned to take off already so it works out.

It would be nice if I worked at a company where I could have my iPhone sent there for me and I wouldn't have to take off. Unfortunately, I do not, and if i had it sent there anyway, I probably wouldn't get it. Company doesn't allow personal mail to come in or go out.

16. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I happen to be off on Friday but my pre-order is through BestBuy so even if they happen to miraculously have it come in Friday I would have to drive about 45 mins to go and pick it up. :confused:

17. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

For those of you who are having your phones delivered to work, will any of you end up taking a loooong lunch break or come down with a bad headache and have to go home?!;)

18. alamarco

alamarco Member
    Bronze

I reserved the iPhone via my carrier so I have to wait for them to notify me that it's delivered at my store. I still plan to take Friday off though as I'm pretty sure it's going to arrive Friday. I'll just be at home playing Counter Strike until I get the notification. If no notification comes I'll still feel pretty good about getting some good CS time in.

I just have to notify my boss on Monday. :p

19. KenSolo

KenSolo Member
    Bronze

That's a good question!

20. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member
    Bronze

That is a sweet deal! I put away enough money for the iPhone 5 but I want to use it with straight talk/off contract so still waiting for my options. If I find out before the 21st I'll just go to one of the various Apple stores in NYC.