Who's steppin up to the 32GB and why?

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I currently have a 16GB 3G and have it filled, but have a lot of wasted space, as far as apps i don't use and music i don't listen to. So who all is gonna get the 16GB or whos gonna get the 32GB 3G S and why?

Blake

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm getting a 32GB and the wife says she'll be fine with 16. We both have 8GB V1s currently, so it will be a nice bump up for us.

I could probably live with 16 myself, especially since I use Orb and with the bumped-up 3GS internet speed that should work VERY nicely. But I'm going for it this time :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm getting a 32GB and the wife says she'll be fine with 16. We both have 8GB V1s currently, so it will be a nice bump up for us.

I could probably live with 16 myself, especially since I use Orb and with the bumped-up 3GS internet speed that should work VERY nicely. But I'm going for it this time :)
Sucka...

Along with me. :laugh2:

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Just need the best and biggest :) probably will give my gf the 3g.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I have a second line, so i'm going to upgrade to the 32GB version. I just reserved mine a while ago.

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
My deal is I have kids and take a billion pictures of them and I have a few movies that I want to keep on the iPhone. Add a video player to the mix (again I have kids) and I will definitely need the space.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Since this is my very first iPhone I decided to get the top of the line. With video and probably more sophisticated gaming and intensive graphics the extra space will be nice. I don't plan to upgrade again until 2011. Also, once they format it will mostly likely be closer to 30GB.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I got the 16GB because I know I'll be upgrading next time around anyway so I wanted to spend as little as possible this time around.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I got the 16GB because I know I'll be upgrading next time around anyway so I wanted to spend as little as possible this time around.
That is actually a really good point, but I don't know if I can resist getting the 32GB :laugh2:

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I got the 32GB I used to enjoy syncing my music, looking through and picking which songs to put on the phone (more musix than space on the iPhone), it has recently become tiresome. I can easily put all my music on the 32G and still have room for apps, photos and videos.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I got the 32GB I used to enjoy syncing my music, looking through and picking which songs to put on the phone (more musix than space on the iPhone), it has recently become tiresome. I can easily put all my music on the 32G and still have room for apps, photos and videos.
Plus with all these new apps like turn by turn gps you might need a few gigs for that. And all the other apps able to be made with all the new API's.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Plus with all these new apps like turn by turn gps you might need a few gigs for that. And all the other apps able to be made with all the new API's.
I'm sure, can't wait to see the tom tom app. I have G-maps now and just the eastern US is over a Gig.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I'm sure, can't wait to see the tom tom app. I have G-maps now and just the eastern US is over a Gig.
I think I might wait it out to see what other ones come out so I can compare them. But the major players like tom tom, garmin, or magellan I know will be all excellent. And I bet they will use add ons frequently for updates to the maps instead of like the actual gps units where you update like once a year. An app from one of those companies will have voice turn by turn which will make the app larger. I also hope it is one gps app for the entire US and maybe canada, mexico, and other country add ons. What do you think they will charge?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I think the app will be cheap, the maps (can you say in app purchase) is where you are gonna pay. I would expect (based on my dealings with Garmin in the past) you will be able to buy North America map for around a hundred bucks. What would be cool though is smaller maps that could be removed and added, as needed, for less money.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I have been putting more and more movies on my phone lately(a lot of blu-ray movies keep coming with the digital copy). So my memory is getting eaten up quicker. I think I might be springing for the extra memory come July 18th.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
Im getting 16gb, and if they had an 8gb I would honestly get that (I do mean S)... I have my nano with 900+ songs on it comes close to 4g... I currently have a camera that takes pictures and videos and I hardly use it... I already downloaded a few games to play at a Doctor's office or on the train but that's honestly it. and IF I go crazy with pictures or something, I will simply transfer them out of the phone on to my computer! Geez, what a thought! I might download a few tv shows or youtube vids.

And at this point, I haven't made up my mind if I want to use it as my music player because those things are bulky (compared to a nano)

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
And at this point, I haven't made up my mind if I want to use it as my music player because those things are bulky (compared to a nano)
I agree, it's much bigger than a nano, but since I am almost NEVER withought my phone, the nano would be extra bulk.