Who's Tired of All the Negativity?

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Seems like everyone's being negative about something. Apple. Steve. The iPhone. The third party apps. The Complainers. The Whiners. The Whining Anti-Whiners. Ugh.

Can we get back to doing cool stuff with our iPhones and sharing them with each other?

Here, I'll start. The other night I went to Back-to-School night for my kids. I forgot pen and paper to take notes, so I was able to take copius notes for the wife on the Notepad. It actually helped me get better at typing on the keypad. Though, I was feeling like people would think I'm ignoring the teacher and texting someone! :p

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
Me two I am totally tired of the crap...it's a phone, there are more important things in life!:laugh2:

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Visiting the forum is actually feeling more of a chore lately. Hopefully things turn around soon and we can get back to some intelligent conversation.

Go iPhone!

FW

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Visiting the forum is actually feeling more of a chore lately. Hopefully things turn around soon and we can get back to some intelligent conversation.

Go iPhone!

FW
I totally agree. The overall negative vibe here has me thinking about taking a break from the site for a while. When it gets hard to sift through all the crap to get useful information, there's a problem. We're pretty much there.

I'm an "anti-whiner", by the way. ;)

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
The problem is the iPhone itself. Since its a locked device there is just so many posts one can make about how cool it is. Or how much someone loves the device. Obvioulsy, many people are frustrated with the device and since this is a iPhone forum, this is where they come to vent.

My suggestion is to not come on here anymore. You know you're not going to pick up any cool apps. You know you arent going to cool tricks or hacks because they don't exist. Its either complain or profess your love.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
This place used to be fun to come to. Now it's depressing and mostly useless. The negative posters have overwhelmed most of the subforums and there's nowhere to go. I've been even attacked by personal email for the sin of being positive about iPhone and Apple. Maybe it's time to retreat to the Apple forums and let "them" destroy what's left of what used to be a great site.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
This place used to be fun to come to. Now it's depressing and mostly useless. The negative posters have overwhelmed most of the subforums and there's nowhere to go. I've been even attacked by personal email for the sin of being positive about iPhone and Apple. Maybe it's time to retreat to the Apple forums and let "them" destroy what's left of what used to be a great site.

You shouldnt be so dismissive. The complaints you see on here will influence what Apple does with their products. Believe it or not, the negative views on here will have an overall impact on the sales of the iPhone. Meaning that many of these posters who are unhappy are unlikely to recommend the phone. Apple wants to sell 10 million phones by end of 08. To reach that number, Apple will need to be responsive. Im glad you love you iPhone, but trust me, if Apple allows outside developers to create apps for the iPhone, you and customers like you will benefit greatly.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Maybe it's time to retreat to the Apple forums and let "them" destroy what's left of what used to be a great site.
I'd hardly say the forums have been "destroyed" and are on their last leg. Apple's decisions have caused dissention among their customers. Being the #1 iPhone forum (I think it's safe to say that), you are seeing exactly that here at EIP. In the last month, we've had the price cut and brick incidents. These have been widely covered by major news outlets, so YES it is a big discussion at EIP.

Personally, this site has seen drastic "mood" swings since June 29th. It started with the "lack of moderation", followed by the price cut mayhem and now the 1.1.1 update.

One thing is for sure. People are passionate about Apple products and the iPhone. This is a great place to hear all sides and when things get out of control, just use the eject button (actually the yellow exclamation point icon).

-Chris

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I am tired of all of the whining, and especially all of the new posts essentially crying about the same things. It does make coming to the site a chore and also a bore. And as for Apple responding to the complaints of the users of this website, think again... they have their own boards and feedback systems for that.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
And as for Apple responding to the complaints of the users of this website, think again... they have their own boards and feedback systems for that.
I've used their support forums on countless occasions and they've been very helpful. That being said, I do believe that EIP is more representative in thoughts and opinions on topics related to the iPhone.

-Chris

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've used their support forums on countless occasions and they've been very helpful. That being said, I do believe that EIP is more representative in thoughts and opinions on topics related to the iPhone.
Absolutely, Chris.

Apple's forums are heavily moderated... and moderated isn't even the correct term. When the 1.1.1 update came out they were deleting posts en masse--all were critical of the update. I don't know how TPTB can get any kind of meaningful barometer measurement in that kind of environment.

--
Mike

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007

-Chris

I totally agree. A story from Treocentral comes to mind. One poster put up on open letter to Ed Coligan. Hundreds of people echoed the posters complaint and guess what; A response from Palms CEO himself acknowledging the problem and vowing to fix it. It would be nieve to think that Apple execs don't scour the net looking for feedback. If I had a entire web site dedicated to my product I would sure as heck be on there daily getting feedback.

Rumdada

Sep 23, 2007
I agree we paid top dollar for our iPhones n we except it to have wings n fly us around the world, but we just need to be paitent there will be updates to better the iPhone its still "THE BEST" phone on the market today and everyone envy's n hate on the iPhone i guess some people are forgetting how amazing this is

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Keep in mind that I am not saying that people don't have a right to their opinion, but it just seems there are way too many duplicate threads just bashing Apple for their decisions on this board. It just makes this board hard to read for those looking for valuable information. I'm not interested in joining the "let's sue" or "$(%&* Apple" bandwagons... I love my iPhone for what it is, whether I have modded or unlocked it or not. I understand both sides. Let's get on with our lives...

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007

Go iPhone!

FW

I was wondering if I was the only one who felt this way. I can understand to a point why people are mad about the locking out of third party apps, I waiting specifically to see what would happen, as soon as I saw that 1.1.1 was gonna lock me out I didn't update, and I won't until its either opened up or they release a new update.

With that being said, I have been playing with ORB on my iPhone and I got to say this is a lot of fun. I only got a 4 gig iPhone and to be able to access the entire series of Star Trek TNG and ENT , well thats just cool! I am an uber nerd but I don't care!

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I was wondering if I was the only one who felt this way. I can understand to a point why people are mad about the locking out of third party apps, I waiting specifically to see what would happen, as soon as I saw that 1.1.1 was gonna lock me out I didn't update, and I won't until its either opened up or they release a new update.

With that being said, I have been playing with ORB on my iPhone and I got to say this is a lot of fun. I only got a 4 gig iPhone and to be able to access the entire series of Star Trek TNG and ENT , well thats just cool! I am an uber nerd but I don't care!
It doesn't bother you that in order go get your volume fixed you have to give up your third party apps? isn't that a choice you shouldnt have to make?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It doesn't bother you that in order go get your volume fixed you have to give up your third party apps? isn't that a choice you shouldnt have to make?
Oh no...not this thread too.:mad: