who's wearing the pants?

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
anyone else out there thinkits funny that nobody at att seems to know what the heck it going on? I mean they don't even list the rate plans on their website, they just link you over to Apples site so you can see what the plans are. Guess we know who's wearing the pants in this relationship. Although I am not really surprised...:)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
anyone else out there thinkits funny that nobody at att seems to know what the heck it going on? I mean they don't even list the rate plans on their website, they just link you over to Apples site so you can see what the plans are. Guess we know who's wearing the pants in this relationship. Although I am not really surprised...:)
I think they're just counting the money all the way to the bank. Plus, they usually don't change their plans until Sunday nights.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I think they're just counting the money all the way to the bank. Plus, they usually don't change their plans until Sunday nights.
Customers. They'll be counting all the customers they're stealing from Verizon, et al. Estimates put that at about 3 million new customers crossing over from other services in the next year.

Betcha if we look at ATT's profit margin a year from now it'll barely budge off that same 10-11% you see today. But their revenues and market cap (and stock price) will all significantly rise.

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
count me on as part of the 3 million or so, once I switch in september after my contract is up...:cool:

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
It must have been a long tough sales job for Jobs to get one of the carriers to bend over the way he wanted.

ATT just happened to be the one who figured it out in the end.