Whose still on 1.0.2?

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Hi everyone, I just thought id see how else is still on the good old 1.0.2. I tried updating before, didn't work and now im too scared to try again! What version are you using? and why haven't you updated? I just don't really see a big advantage to take the risk and update to 1.1.1.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You should be able to upgrade, unless your phone in unlocked.

Most jailbroken phone are running 1.1.2. A smaller percentage of them have 1.1.1. And very few still have 1.0.2.

1.1.1 Advantages - By visiting jailbreakme.com, you can jailbreak your iPhone via a website. No computers necessary. Easiest jailbreak, hands down. 1.1.1 also includes features such as double tapping the Home button and Mobile iTunes.

1.1.2 Advantages - It's the latest firmware. It is the most secure firmware. And there are a lot of apps out there that will only run on either 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.

However, I'm sure that there are still several unlocked iPhones on 1.0.2. If you're jailbroken only, it's wise to update.

- John

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
You should be able to upgrade, unless your phone in unlocked.

Most jailbroken phone are running 1.1.2. A smaller percentage of them have 1.1.1. And very few still have 1.0.2.

1.1.1 Advantages - By visiting jailbreakme.com, you can jailbreak your iPhone via a website. No computers necessary. Easiest jailbreak, hands down. 1.1.1 also includes features such as double tapping the Home button and Mobile iTunes.

1.1.2 Advantages - It's the latest firmware. It is the most secure firmware. And there are a lot of apps out there that will only run on either 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.

- John
ya i am running an unlocked 1.0.2... i don't think i have the courage to update and risk bricking it or damaging it! i know it sucks cause so many apps i wanna use don't work on 1.0.2 i need 1.1.1 or greater...maybe i need to face my fear....

Nov 24, 2007
like what apps? i only seen like 10 maybe 20. the way i see it Apples working to stop the unlocking & 3rd party apps i'll stick with 1.0.2, i was thinking about going to 1.1.1 but i'm not sure what apps work on 1.1.1. and i'm same as u, y risk the fuking it up. does nintendo still work on 1.1.1 ? what about iradio? mockdocks?

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
i just right now updated to 1.1.1.....wow it was easy...im now thinking about going up to 1.1.2 but not sure yet...ill enjoy this version for a while to see what i think and read up more on the upgrade! finallllyyy!

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I am still on 1.0.2 and plan on staying there till Apple actually offers one of two things or both things. I want to see an ebook reader that works without having to Jailbreak, and I don't mean the webapp, I want a native ebook like booksapp. The other thing that would make me switch is is some real updates in the OS on the phone like built in IM or MMS.

Aside from that 1.0.2 works well for me, this is the first phone that I've owned that I've not thought about getting rid of on a daily basis.

Nov 24, 2007
I am still on 1.0.2 and plan on staying there till Apple actually offers one of two things or both things. I want to see an ebook reader that works without having to Jailbreak, and I don't mean the webapp, I want a native ebook like booksapp. The other thing that would make me switch is is some real updates in the OS on the phone like built in IM or MMS.

Aside from that 1.0.2 works well for me, this is the first phone that I've owned that I've not thought about getting rid of on a daily basis.

PDF viewer

Nov 24, 2007
Effects on unlocks and Third-party applications
The update breaks AnySim's unlocks. Logically, you can't unlock this update using AnySim and there's no alternative to iTunes for activation. If you want to activate, it will only work using iTunes and a standard AT&T account. Nate says, "that is the only way we have been able to activate so far." Nate tried to upgrade an AnySim 1.2u iPhone and it failed. Even while he was able to force it to boot, the phone refused to activate even with a normal AT&T SIM card. "I suspect it's due to the fact that the baseband could not be upgraded to the 1.1.3 'required' version", he says.
Other updates remain untested, like iPhone Sim Free or any of the hardware-based ones, like TurboSIM. In theory, these should work just fine, but jailbreak and activation would be absolutely impossible for the time being. We would have to wait until the update gets released in the open to try new alternative activation methods.
Your favorite third-party apps will be gone too, with no possibility of return for now. The update fixes the bugs which allowed "the jailbreak method we were using for 1.1.2, locking us out again, as expected."

-the firmware installs with a private key that only Apple has at this time

http://gizmodo.com/338948/iphone-fi...update-is-real-breaks-unlock-third+party-apps

its not gonna be easy

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
i still use 1.0.2. i haven't updated because im just lazy i guess. but if the rumors about 1.1.3 r true then once its cracked ill probably update to that.

DrG

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
I'm still running the good 'ol 1.0.2 with no plans to really upgrading - I'm quite happy with mine.

ehaser

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
i'm still on 1.0.2 and I don't plan on upgrading.

I've been on tmobile in chicago for about a year and I'm jailbroken. Recently I moved out east in western PA and the data speed sucks.
If cingular is better out here then I may switch. In that case I would update Otherwise I'm stuck with 1.0.2 on tmob. If I was just going to jailbreak then I'd update to 1.1.2 for sure.