Whose still on 1.0.2?

iPimp

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
ya i am running an unlocked 1.0.2... i don't think i have the courage to update and risk bricking it or damaging it! i know it sucks cause so many apps i wanna use don't work on 1.0.2 i need 1.1.1 or greater...maybe i need to face my fear....

I am still trying to find the customize program for 1.0.2 ...:(

frankyfingerz

Nov 24, 2007
exactly, and if does get broking , restore back to 1.0.2 lol.. ya so what are some of the bugs in 1.0.2 ? mine works fine.. haven't noticed any problems really only problem i have if with sound ( sounds comes out alll crap sometimes) reboot its all good

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
exactly, and if does get broking , restore back to 1.0.2 lol.. ya so what are some of the bugs in 1.0.2 ? mine works fine.. haven't noticed any problems really only problem i have if with sound ( sounds comes out alll crap sometimes) reboot its all good
The only problem is with the sound? Lordy, its a phone/ipod, the sound is everything. Thats like saying the only problem with my plasma tv is the picture quality.
You peeps are missing out on improved sound quality with the updates,
and less safari crashes, and more security patches, and smoother transitions from app to app, its just a much improved functioning phone with the updates. Kinda like updating your computer with a snappier os.

frankyfingerz

Nov 24, 2007
The only problem is with the sound? Lordy, its a phone/ipod, the sound is everything. Thats like saying the only problem with my plasma tv is the picture quality.
You peeps are missing out on improved sound quality with the updates,
and less safari crashes, and more security patches, and smoother transitions from app to app, its just a much improved functioning phone with the updates. Kinda like updating your computer with a snappier os.
the sound problem rarely happens, i can live with it, proably need to reboot anyways.. but i can't live with out 3rd party apps, i heard you can't use some apps with 1.1.1, & Apple keeps putin up walls with every new FW release to block them. have u seen 1.1.3?

Effects on unlocks and Third-party applications
The update breaks AnySim's unlocks. Logically, you can't unlock this update using AnySim and there's no alternative to iTunes for activation. If you want to activate, it will only work using iTunes and a standard AT&T account. Nate says, "that is the only way we have been able to activate so far." Nate tried to upgrade an AnySim 1.2u iPhone and it failed. Even while he was able to force it to boot, the phone refused to activate even with a normal AT&T SIM card. "I suspect it's due to the fact that the baseband could not be upgraded to the 1.1.3 'required' version", he says.
Other updates remain untested, like iPhone Sim Free or any of the hardware-based ones, like TurboSIM. In theory, these should work just fine, but jailbreak and activation would be absolutely impossible for the time being. We would have to wait until the update gets released in the open to try new alternative activation methods.
Your favorite third-party apps will be gone too, with no possibility of return for now. The update fixes the bugs which allowed "the jailbreak method we were using for 1.1.2, locking us out again, as expected."

-the firmware installs with a private key that only Apple has at this time

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Hey guy's im still on 1.0.2 ! and no, i have not unlocked my phone..:laugh2:

i just think it it is the best choice, i mean 99.9% of the 3rd party apps work with 1.0.2 and besides, i can't find any usefull features in the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 updates that will benefit me.

sometimes i'm however tempted to update but the last time i tried, iTunes gave me to many errors (or maybe i just missed a step or something)...

plus i have made a beatiful theme for my iPhone that i just cant rid off.
and im always using ibrickr to install wallpaper, ringtones, icons and other goodies...

one question....does iDemocracy 2.0.1 works just like ibrickr?

if it does i will definitely update.....

please help...

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
just updated to 1.1.1 today.

i figured why not.

upgrade took 10mins

all my contacts are still there too.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Why not go all the way?
exactly! thats what i did, i thought that 1.0.2 was great till i upgraded to 1.1.1 and then to 1.1.2. It soo much smoother now. a lot faster and the sound is much much better. and as for the apps, all the apps i had on 1.0.2. work on 1.1.2. and even have new ones that wouldn't work on 1.0.2...i personally suggest you upgrade. As for 1.1.3. ..im sure a hack will be found for it once its out!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
exactly! thats what i did, i thought that 1.0.2 was great till i upgraded to 1.1.1 and then to 1.1.2. It soo much smoother now. a lot faster and the sound is much much better. and as for the apps, all the apps i had on 1.0.2. work on 1.1.2. and even have new ones that wouldn't work on 1.0.2...i personally suggest you upgrade. As for 1.1.3. ..im sure a hack will be found for it once its out!

Yes, what ever you do, those that have jailbroken DO NOT UPDATE when the new 1.1.3 or whatever comes out, just wait till you get the okay from TinMan :eek:

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
ya im jailbroken and unlocked..so ill wait a while before updating..just to make sure i wont brick the phone or anything, ill wait till a lot of reviews have been posted and judge from theyre luck.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
so what are the benefits of getting 1.1.2 over 1.1.1
to be quite honest i personally don't see much of a difference, but i just know the cpu speed is faster and its suppose to be more reliable

BTR

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
to be quite honest i personally don't see much of a difference, but i just know the cpu speed is faster and its suppose to be more reliable
Oh man I definitely noticed the speed increase.

I can browse webpages faster now on edge.

I am very happy that I made the move.

louloulafraise

Dec 18, 2007
istanbul
i am still on 1.0.2.
guess i am a bit afraid of updating because i am in Turkey and iPhone is not here yet so if i do smthing i can't fix, well :oops:...