Whoshere app crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by latinnftl, Sep 16, 2008.

1. latinnftl

latinnftl Member
    Bronze

anyone else having a problem with it? Was working fine but now it starts and crashed

2. styfle

styfle Zealot
    Gold

restart phone

the only problem i have with it is the screen locking on my and the lack of people talking to me lol

3. myRete

myRete New Member

Preventing crashes and increasing likelihood of people replying

Preventing crashes and increasing likelihood of people replying

Guys, thanks for using WhosHere.

As for the app all of a sudden crashing, the two common causes are long chat threads or switching the device clock back and forth between 12 and 24 hour modes. Here’s our list of known issues that can cause a crash.

1. Long chat thread. If you have a long thread with another user it can cause an app to crash. This will be corrected in a future version, probably WhosHere 0.98a (due in a couple of weeks). In the meantime, we recommend you hit ‘clear’ whenever a thread gets longer than two screens.
    2. Changing the iPhone clock from 12 to 24 hour back to 12 hour exposes an Apple bug. We have notified Apple about this. If you have done this you will need go back to 24 hour mode, or follow the fairly painful process without using the backup. Also, we’ve got a work around for this, which is hopefully going to be in 0.98a too.
    3. Special characters. If you have anything like a "&" or "Ω" in your name or introduction it can cause the app to crash. With the release of WhosHere 0.98 (out any day now), we will support hundreds of special characters
    4. Apple's iPhone OS. If you are still on OS 2.0, you can get crashes. Please be sure you have Apple's latest OS - 2.1.
    5. Bad install. We have gotten some conflicting information from Apple. But there may be a bug in how the iPhone installs applications. We've had some users report luck when restoring there device. More information can be found at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

So a quick tip on getting people to respond; send texts to people that are online now or at the very most were online within the past 30 minutes. I generally use the 30 minute setting.

Try these settings

1. Setup
      1. Show Profiles
        1. Distance: Default (Distance)
        2. Time: 5 minutes (for online now) or 30 minutes
        3. With Photos: Off
    Now you are only seeing people that are pretty active in the application at that moment in time.

FYI, WhosHere 0.98 was shipped to Apple last Monday. It should be on the app store any day now. You can see the details on the release at myRete.com

4. JASEM

JASEM New Member

I NEED HELP PLEASE !
    I have had a problem. I was abroad and when I got home I started my phone and there was 3 messages from WhosHere, when I started the application it was loading and suddenly it crashed and deleted all the conversations and my favourite users. And now I can not find a specific user I was chatting with. I tried re-installing the app but it did not work.