Why am I getting bad service all of a sudden?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DropGems

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
In my apartment in NJ, since I've had the phone, I've been getting admissible reception. But the last two days on multiple calls I've made, the other parties (who were on land lines) couldn't hear me and calls have been dropping. I haven't moved around or anything, i've always been making calls from my living room couch. The weather has been sunny over here so I can't chalk it up to the weather. What the heck is going on all of a sudden? Explain...

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
In my apartment in NJ, since I've had the phone, I've been getting admissable reception. But the last two days on muliple calls I've made, the other parties (who were on land lines) couldn't hear me and calls have been dropping. I haven't moved around or anything, i've always been making calls from my living room couch. The weather has been sunny over here so I can't chalk it up to the weather. What the heck is going on all of a sudden? Explain...

Wow, I noticed the exact same thing. From June 29th until 2 days ago, I've had one dropped call. Since about 2 days ago, I've had 4 and suddenly some people can;t hear me. It's very weird and very random, because it doesn't happen all the time, but there isn;t a trend.

jordan6

Jul 26, 2007
I seem to be having the same issue, I have dropped about 5 calls in the last two days, and probably only 1-2 in the entire month before that.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
try cleaning cookies/cache/history and turning the iPhone completely off for about 30 seconds and then back on again. I have noticed that also helps with safari stability and just all around performance. Remember, most phones are phones trying to act like a computer. The iPhone is computer trying to be a phone. Maintain it like one and you' ll be fine.