Why am I unable to create an @me account?

ICON502

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
Louisville,Ky
www.youtube.com
My fiancé and I share an Apple ID for purchases. We wanted separate iCloud accounts so she went ahead and created a whole new Apple ID for iCloud. She used the same @aol email for the Apple ID and iCloud. Now when she goes into settings/iCloud and turns mail on it saying she needs to make an @me address?

photo.JPG

I tried going to settings/mail and adding a @me acount that way but I keep gettimg this message.

photo2.JPG

Am I doing something wrong?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
doubt it. all that is required is iOS5.

I don't understand something... did you or her have a MobileMe account? iCloud has nothing to do with mobileme unless you previously had a mobileme account.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I tried but when I go to add a @me account from her iPhone it says its already been migrated to iCloud. Could it be because shes on a 3GS?

I answered this thread at macrumers lol.

But when you add it you can't choose Mobile Me. You need to choose iCloud.

Michael

ICON502

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
Louisville,Ky
www.youtube.com
I answered this thread at macrumers lol.

But when you add it you can't choose Mobile Me. You need to choose iCloud.

Michael
Well thank u x2 man lol. I didn't see that you replied on the other site lol. Ok now I think we are getting somewhere. Heres what Ive done.
1. Deleted the iCloud account off the phone.
2. Went back into settings/iCloud and logged back in with her Apple ID/iCloud acount.
3. Im logged in with her iCloud account with everything set to off.
4. Now I chose to turn mail on and Im at the screen where its asking me to create an @me account.
5. Here is where I am now.

photo3.PNG

Now I see that I cant change the @me.com at the end so can I enter in her same email name that she uses for iCloud? Thanks again guys for the help!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well thank u x2 man lol. I didn't see that you replied on the other site lol. Ok now I think we are getting somewhere. Heres what Ive done.
1. Deleted the iCloud account off the phone.
2. Went back into settings/iCloud and logged back in with her Apple ID/iCloud acount.
3. Im logged in with her iCloud account with everything set to off.
4. Now I chose to turn mail on and Im at the screen where its asking me to create an @me account.
5. Here is where I am now.

View attachment 17652

Now I see that I cant change the @me.com at the end so can I enter in her same email name that she uses for iCloud? Thanks again guys for the help!
Go ahead and create account and you should be good to go.

Michael