Why are these 2 songs stuck on my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by altjx, Oct 30, 2011.

1. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

A few days ago I downloaded 2 new versions of a song because the quality was much better. However, once I did that, I had duplicates (which was understandable), since I didn't remove the old song.

So, what I just did was deleted those 2 songs from my iTunes library and synced again but the duplicates are STILL on my iPhone. When I say duplicates, I am speaking of two of the same songs but different sources (so of course different tags too).

I went into iTunes just now and unchecked "Sync Music" from the Music tab, which caused it to wipe all the songs from my iPhone. Once that was done, I still seen the two songs on my iPhone. They were alone in the entire music library on my phone.

Not exactly sure what to do to get rid of them, but I know I'm definitely not about to do a wipe & reload just to clear out 2 songs.. Any suggestions?

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

You should be able to find them in iTunes under Manually added songs, under the music tab, it's at the very bottom.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Well the thing is, I know where the songs are in iTunes... But there's no duplicates in iTunes, and there's duplicates on my iPhone.. After unchecking "Sync Music" it should wipe the entire iPhone's music library but it's not.

4. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Okay, that is odd. Have you tried a reboot?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

5. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Yep. I've rebooted the iPhone approximately 2-3 times. As far as the computer, I've done that in the mist of doing other things, but I'm sure that wouldn't have fixed the issue on the iPhone.