Why can I still not lock orient to landscape?

Jun 25, 2010
I can't believe i still can't set my orientation lock to landscape... Laying on your side in bed and keeping your phone landscape is impossible and I am very annoyed I can not lock it in ios5

Jun 25, 2010
So just because it's a "phone" we should deal with stupid oversights? I don't think so. Besides, do you really consider the iPhone a phone? It's a computer that has a built in phone.

The attached picture is a phone. Plus, I'm not talking about watching a movie on my phone, I'm talking about browsing the web, or composing mail.

The argument you bring forth as "logical" is completely absurd and it's like saying I should be happy with a model T ford when there are BMW M class cars out there.

But I guess every forum has its trolls who just like to argue for argument sake

Attachments

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
So just because it's a "phone" we should deal with stupid oversights? I don't think so. Besides, do you really consider the iPhone a phone? It's a computer that has a built in phone.

The attached picture is a phone. Plus, I'm not talking about watching a movie on my phone, I'm talking about browsing the web, or composing mail.

The argument you bring forth as "logical" is completely absurd and it's like saying I should be happy with a model T ford when there are BMW M class cars out there.

Okay then, go get a phone that does what you wish....simple solution!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
So just because it's a "phone" we should deal with stupid oversights? I don't think so. Besides, do you really consider the iPhone a phone?
iPhone a phone? Hmm sounds like a phone, works like a phone, called a phone. Yep consider it a phone.
Hello pot.

Jun 25, 2010
Who hasn't researched something? I've been using Apple products since before you were born! (and much longer than 11 years ago as well!)

Jun 25, 2010
No wonder the active post count has dropped dramatically since I started coming here. So many rude users, what are you Apple's damage control co-opters?