Why can't I connect to Safari on new iPhone 5?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fz1dave

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
nw indiana
64g 5, just got it today. For some reason Safari isn't finding the server. Please tell me I'm missing something simple. I've already done a reset of all settings and it still won't work.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Can you access the internet on any other apps or is it just Safari? It would seem odd if its just Sarafi. You could try to reset network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
And you might want to install an App called Speedtest.net, which will verify that you have an Internet connection, whether it be cellular or Wi-Fi.

fz1dave

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
nw indiana
Can you access the internet on any other apps or is it just Safari? It would seem odd if its just Sarafi. You could try to reset network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Dumb question but what other apps? Maps works, App store works. I've tried the resets already.

fz1dave

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
nw indiana
Not sure what happened but I clicked on one of my bookmarks and it pulled up the page. Guess we'll have to see if it continues to work.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have had this issue too. It's something to do with how the phone accesses the Internet.
For me it's not just safari. Sometimes it's speedtest.net, other times its mail, and sometimes it's a random app that uses internet access.
I launch several apps and once one makes it through, they all do.
It seems to be a carrier issue, but could be an iOS issue.