Why can't I copy and paste pics from computer to my iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by hijack2011, Oct 16, 2011.

1. hijack2011

hijack2011 New Member

I just want to load pics from my friends computer to my iPhone. I want to load some pics from mine onto it also.

I try to copy and paste them from the file on the computer by right clicking and using "copy" and them right clicking and "paste" onto my iPhone files but it doesn't work.

If I can't just do this without downloading a bunch of crap I am selling this thing... On my old Samgung phone I can just copy and past both ways to transfer pics between any computer i want right to my phone...

How can I do this instantly. I don't have time to screw around, I transfer pics aot between my phone and many other desktop pc's and laptops...

Thanks...

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Guess you might wanna sell that
    Thing then :(
    Or just email them back and forth, even a Dropbox account would
    Work.

Sent from my iPhone4s using iCafe app

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

It's a stupid thing with the iPhone. I hate it.

4. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

isn't there an option in iTunes to manually edit music and pictures so you can sync between two computers and not lose any data

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Even if...that would require iTunes on the other computer you are trying to get pics from and then changing the settings on that computer.

Not everyone uses iTunes. And if you are just trying to get some pictures out of a directory of a computer, it's a hassel.

I use PhotoSync at home on all my iDevices and computers and it works great but if you are somewhere else then that computer needs that program.

To overcome that, I have a thumb drive with the windows and mac version of it. It's a small, fast install of the program.

6. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

just email piks to address thats on the iPhone email seems much easier everyone has a email don't they?

7. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

I discovered the Air Sharing app in another thread. How I've had iDevices this long and just now found it I'll never now but using it you can drag and drop from your computer to your iPhone. Closest you'll get to doing what you're wanting to do without jailbreaking.

8. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Dropbox is easy. I use it no hassle required. As Steve would say. "It just works!"

9. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member
    Bronze

Install the app box.net and get 50 gigs of free storage for life. Place all your Pics in the cloud from your PC then grab them from the cloud using your box app.

10. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Check out some of the limitations in the used of the Box App. It may not be that suitable for media files.

11. Proplayer44

Proplayer44 Member
    Bronze

100 meg max I think.

12. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I second this. The Air Sharing app is awesome. The only downside is your phone and computer need to be on the same wifi network.