Why can't I edit

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The question is, now they I upgraded to 2.0 and turned on exchange push, why can I not edit calendar entries on the phone. The only choices I have is to accept or decline a meeting. This was never like this when I was syncing on iTunes before exchange. Any thought would be great. I also posted the question in an earlier thread: Why do appointments with reoccurrences always add an extra day when created in outlook and pushed to the phone. This does not happen on appointments created on the phone and pushed to outlook.

Thanks

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Found my own answer. Hope this helps someone else. Looks like it could be a common problem. As it turns out if the procedure below is not followed any appointments you make on your MS exchange server (laptop, whatever will be sent to your iPhone as an invatation. You can not edit an invatation.
Appointments you create with Exchange show as Invitations on iPhone or iPod touch

• Last Modified: July 11, 2008
  • Article: TS1865

Symptoms

In some cases, an Appointment you create in Microsoft Exchange may mistakenly be synced to your iPhone as an Invitation from someone else.

Products Affected

iPhone, iPod touch, iPhone 3G

Resolution

The iPhone 2.0 software uses the originator's email address to distinguish between an Appointment (an event created by you) and an Invitation (an event created by someone else). The email address is case-sensitive and must match exactly. Check that the capitalization of your email address in Exchange and your email address in your iPhone settings match. Also, check that you are using mail aliases consistently. For example, your Exchange account may use "user@hostname.com" but your iPhone settings may use "user@mail.hostname.com". Change one of these to match the other.