why cant i send files through Bluetooth on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sweetice2007

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
i cant send any files through to my iPhone using bluetooth...why cant id o this? does it only work with headsets or something? i think its really really poor if its the case!

P

priyankchouksey

Yes, its sad, you cannot send files through iPhone bluetooth.

Wait until someone creats a app to do so.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Apple prefers to have "styled Incompatibility" so that the ir iTunes remains the only means by which your iPhone may import/export.

I really sucks that the Bluetooth is strictly for monaural telephone use. you can't even use a bluetooth stereo headset for the Ipod.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Sending files is not something that can be done on the iPhone.. i could do it with my treo.. this is the funny thing that the iPhone was compared to the treo in the keynote but i think that the treo is better [i have an iPhone and would NEVER go back] but on my treo i had Microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint. it was awesome.. i think that the iPhone should get all that .. im sure that is has the power to run it ... what is with Apple and this web app crap ... give us real apps....

but back to the real point ... sorry no file transfer is allowed by iPhone... and be warned ..not all blue tooth headsets work...

Jan 17, 2008
because steve jobs owns you now! Haha
hahaha...
I remember when Nextel phones came out and they owned everyone that was member in that contract...

you are stuck for 2 years and no other carrier or phone will work with Nextel iden services. You can walkie talkie all day and all night but you were stuck and owned by Nextel.

I guess it could happen when you sign any contract with any company....

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Sending files is not something that can be done on the iPhone.. i could do it with my treo.. this is the funny thing that the iPhone was compared to the treo in the keynote but i think that the treo is better [i have an iPhone and would NEVER go back] but on my treo i had Microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint. it was awesome.. i think that the iPhone should get all that .. im sure that is has the power to run it ... what is with Apple and this web app crap ... give us real apps....

but back to the real point ... sorry no file transfer is allowed by iPhone... and be warned ..not all blue tooth headsets work...
yes microsoft office apps would be very very nice. As would bluetooth file transferring. Maybe in an update some day...

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Dammit, I wish I would have seen this before I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my laptop. I could care less about a headset right now, I just wanted to get my pictures off my phone. My laptop no longer recognizes my phone as a camera or removable storage, so I thought Bluetooth file transfer would have been my solution. Well this sucks, I guess this is just more of a reason to buy a Macbook, because I'm tired of my laptop not working correctly.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Dammit, I wish I would have seen this before I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my laptop. I could care less about a headset right now, I just wanted to get my pictures off my phone. My laptop no longer recognizes my phone as a camera or removable storage, so I thought Bluetooth file transfer would have been my solution. Well this sucks, I guess this is just more of a reason to buy a Macbook, because I'm tired of my laptop not working correctly.
You should be able to grab your pics from the iPhone through iTunes on the PC, no?

But yeah, iPhone + Macbook is such a sweet combination.

Spaniard85

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
You should be able to grab your pics from the iPhone through iTunes on the PC, no?

But yeah, iPhone + Macbook is such a sweet combination.

I used to remove pictures from my iPhone easily enough because my laptop USED to recognize it not only with iTunes, but also as a digital camera. No longer so, most unfortunately. My laptop has just began on a decline, seeming to lose most of its functions. Hopefully I'll have a MacBook soon.

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
does anyone with a better understanding of the iPhone's hardware know if file transfer is possible with an app?

I just realized tonight that it isn't possible...I think this is even worse than no mms.