why can't i transfer pics properly?

bmtespar

Oct 3, 2007
Atlanta
hey guys and girls.

First of all, i want to say that i am loving the forum. I have been watching and have found answers to most of my questions without having to post. now I have one that i have not yet found the answer to.

I am having trouble syncing photos to my phone. I can sync the same pictures fine from my portable flash drive but directly from the computer and they come out all screwed up and 90% of them will not move over. i get a message saying that some of the phots were not moved cause they can not be viewed on my phone. I talked to Apple and they tried a few things but no such luck. Any ideas?

i am running vista with norton antivirus.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Welcome to the boards! Now first off, I'm on XP and have had the problem where iTunes tells me it couldn't move some photos over.

When that happens I make sure to look at which photo that iTunes has a problem with, usually it will tell you the first problem filename it runs in to. What I do is find that file and rename it, and then resync it without any further problems. I generally rename it to something below 16 characters.

As for the photos on your computer and syncing, I personally sync my photos from a Photos folder directly on my C drive. From there I have the iTunes watch the folders inside of this Photos folder for me. I've noticed some programs other than those made by MS have difficulties working with the MyDocuments folder as with folders inside it.

Try making a new folder on your C drive and have your iTunes sync it. See what copies over and what doesn't. Rename what doesn't and give it another go. Um, don't put too many photos in this test folder, lol.

bmtespar

Oct 3, 2007
Atlanta
Welcome to the boards! Now first off, I'm on XP and have had the problem where iTunes tells me it couldn't move some photos over.

When that happens I make sure to look at which photo that iTunes has a problem with, usually it will tell you the first problem filename it runs in to. What I do is find that file and rename it, and then resync it without any further problems. I generally rename it to something below 16 characters.

As for the photos on your computer and syncing, I personally sync my photos from a Photos folder directly on my C drive. From there I have the iTunes watch the folders inside of this Photos folder for me. I've noticed some programs other than those made by MS have difficulties working with the MyDocuments folder as with folders inside it.

Try making a new folder on your C drive and have your iTunes sync it. See what copies over and what doesn't. Rename what doesn't and give it another go. Um, don't put too many photos in this test folder, lol.
I have been syncing them from my pictures folder on vista which is a separate folder from my documents. i moved the folder to a new locationa nd selected the folder in iTunes. i had the same excat problem. i renamed the first phot that iTunes has an issue with and then re-synced. it brought up another picture and i inturn renamed it. I have checked the phone and the pictures i renamed are still not on the phone. Do you think it may be a problem with permissions or norton?