Why can't the 3G iPhone be fully loaded.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
It supports Xvid and Divx? 5mp camera? Ahhhhhhhhhhh

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Hmm...same 8GB or 16GB, same GPS; detachable battery and camera are the pro's.

The big con for me is WinMobile...</shutter> yuck...not for me. I prefer when things "just work". Remember, those WinMobile apps can be bloated when it comes to memory. We'll see about the Apple apps...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Man how many times are we going to go through this? Features are great, but the iPhone is all about integration of features and user experience. There are already phones that do more than the iPhone, but none that do everything as gracefully.

Sorry, I'm not in the greatest mood today but... really. You're on a mission!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I just spoke to AT&T via that chat window you posted. They said yes it will be out, but they don't know when. Rumors are August time.

My 3G iPhone is now on hold for this phone. I'm going to use my SE w580i (complete with broken keys) until then.

The new Windoze phones no longer give you that sucky GUI that the older phones had. They now use WPF and it looks amazing.

It supports Xvid and Divx? 5mp camera? Ahhhhhhhhhhh

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Dude, the Omnia camera has "smile detection". Not sure if that will work for you ;)

Man how many times are we going to go through this? Features are great, but the iPhone is all about integration of features and user experience. There are already phones that do more than the iPhone, but none that do everything as gracefully.

Sorry, I'm not in the greatest mood today but... really. You're on a mission!

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
The new Windoze phones no longer give you that sucky GUI that the older phones had. They now use WPF and it looks amazing.
I'd have to see it to believe it! :p

Alas, I have to deal with Vista at work </cringe> and I shall tolerate no my Windoze in my life!

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
no capacitive touchscreen

smaller screen

no go

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I never understood why people don't like Vista, I personally love it myself.

A couple of phones have the new WPF GUI.

Sony Ericsson Xperia
HTC Touch Diamond

I'd have to see it to believe it! :p

Alas, I have to deal with Vista at work </cringe> and I shall tolerate no my Windoze in my life!

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Dave is right, features will get old pretty fast without a user interface like the iPhone. These phones cannot seem to duplicate the iPhones UI yet and so just keep cramming in more features to make up for that.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I never understood why people don't like Vista, I personally love it myself.

A couple of phones have the new WPF GUI.

Sony Ericsson Xperia
HTC Touch Diamond
It's a memory hog, critical errors, hardware/software conflicts-->go find some more drivers please...

It's just not for me...
Today, I actually asked a guy from the tech department to switch my laptop from Vista back to XP. He said, "Sure...you're not the first to ask."

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Smile detection on the Samsung phone's camera! Wow. Apple really needs to step up their camera from here on out.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's a memory hog, critical errors, hardware/software conflicts-->go find some more drivers please...

It's just not for me...
Today, I actually asked a guy from the tech department to switch my laptop from Vista back to XP. He said, "Sure...you're not the first to ask."
When I needed a new laptop a few months ago the main reason I went Mac was that I couldn't stand having to use Vista. I've heard nothing but negatives about it.

As far as a smile detecting camera, it's important to remember that the iPhone should first and foremost be a phone. Anything else is secondary and while a better camera with flash and other goodies would be awesome, there are plenty of digital cameras out there that offer these capabilities.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i like the iPhone because its an ipod that has a phone in it, no other phone can beat that.
if this thing did not go on the internet, do email, or even connect wifi, id still use it and like it the same, people fail to see that part of it, all these other pones have all that other stuff but none of them are the best ipod ever made.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
When I needed a new laptop a few months ago the main reason I went Mac was that I couldn't stand having to use Vista. I've heard nothing but negatives about it.
Yup.

As far as a smile detecting camera, it's important to remember that the iPhone should first and foremost be a phone. Anything else is secondary and while a better camera with flash and other goodies would be awesome, there are plenty of digital cameras out there that offer these capabilities.
Yup.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :cool:

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Some guy said it best on here, compared to the iPhone, other phones are jack of all trades, master of none.

No one has done it as good as Apple. They are working what they got, so why waste time with some stuff when they do everything they do so well.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yes, but look at all the problems with the first iPhone. Low volume and the problem that I've had for the last half year, receiver doesn't work anymore so I can't hear the other person unless I put the phone on speaker mode. Who's to say the 3G iPhone won't have the same bugs?