Why can't you turn off the "swoop" sound when sending a text?

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I have just discovered that I cannot turn off the "swoop" sound when sending a text message without disabling sound for the entire phone by switching it to silent. Just another obnoxious flaw in an otherwise great device, how could they have overlooked this? I don't get it, I am getting very frustrated with Apple, they have some serious holes in their designs.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
If you don't like it there's the door.

It's a cool sound. I don't know how something so little could have you frustrated.
Are you kidding me? I'm sick of Apple fanboys blindly defending everything about it. I happen to love the iPhone, however I am also able to look at objectively and see that it's nowhere near perfect. It is incredibly frustrating when you have a well designed device with such stupid flaws in its design. I don't care if it's a cool sound, you should have the option to turn it off without having to turn off sound for the entire phone, and I'm not alone either I did searches and found a ton of complaints about it.

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
I actually really like that sound. Sometimes I only sent messages to hear it LOL. Same with sending emails: its like shooting torpedoes. Ha ha

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
What's with the attitude, Mac? Knock it off. Is this what happens when I step away for a little while?
I don't know. All of this negativity towards the iPhone and all of these debates and bashing over little things (not just talking about this thread) I guess and I'm just tired of it. Sorry for lashing out on you, TH55.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't know. All of this negativity towards the iPhone and all of these debates and bashing over little things (not just talking about this thread) I guess and I'm just tired of it. Sorry for lashing out on you, TH55.
You can't let other peoples opinions get to you. As long as you're happy with it, that's all that should matter.

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I will buy it from you if you are way too frustrated. With the money you get you can buy one of those little green robot phones.....what are they called... Oh yeah droid!