Why did Apple make the 2g's screen so pissy yellow?

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
Why did Apple make the 2g's screen so pissy yellow?

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I'm going to have to say stop being a crybaby.

This is my first iPhone, and I've never even noticed a yellow tint. Whites are white, no yellow what-so-ever.

Did you do a side by side comparison or something? How did you come to really notice the yellow?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Did you mean 3G or what? because the V1 iPhone is actually "cooler" than the 3G. It is known that the 3G colors are "warmer".

And yes, I have done a side by side comparison and it is VERY noticeable.

EDIT:::I did notice that this was an iPod touch forum...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The second-generation iPod touch and iPhone 3G both have that warmer screen. I noticed the difference as well when I compared them in a store. My first-gen iPhone looks distinctively blue by comparison. I'd like the warmer tint if it weren't for the greater visibility of the "scan lines"

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
I've owned a 32gb 1g touch - It's screen was gorgeous, cool and super crisp. Everytine I looked at it, it blew me away.

I've owned a 32gb 2g touch - It's screen was a dirty washed out yellow and wasn't crisp at all. It was a severe downer everytime I used it. When I compared it to my 1g side by side....I could have cried.

I now own the iPhone 3g and the screen is exactly the same as my original 1g touch and everytime I look at it......I feel really stoked and happy that it's a crisp display again.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I think you may have gotten a dud touch. The touches I saw on display looked identical in their display to the 3G.

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
Maybe I did, there could have been a bad batch as there are lots and lots of hits if you Google touch 2g yellow screen.

If you have a 2g touch, I advise you never to hold it up to a 1g. You may become depressed.

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
Well, very late to the game. Got my 3G a few days ago and I can notice the yellow-ish of the screen color, esp when I hold it up to my 1st gen. Kinda sick looking. I held it up to all three demos in the AT&T store and they all looked the same (yellow tint). Someone please tell me I'll get used to this?

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
I just got a Touch 2G, and never noticed any yellow tint. Looks fine to me. I guess if you're used to something, after awhile, it makes changes more noticeable, but as a first time user, I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Feel lucky then. Going from a v1 to the new warmer screen of the 3G and revamped iPod Touches is like night and day (at least for some people).

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Yeah, I could understand how that's possible. If you can stand putting up with the new one for awhile, your eyes will eventually adjust to the change.

Prob would have been nicer if Apple would have put the changes in as a chooseable option, instead of forcing the world to bend to their will. (common sense)

What a laughable pipedream...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah, I could understand how that's possible. If you can stand putting up with the new one for awhile, your eyes will eventually adjust to the change.

Prob would have been nicer if Apple would have put the changes in as a chooseable option, instead of forcing the world to bend to their will. (common sense)

What a laughable pipedream...
Apple letting people choose what they want?!

Neverrrrrr.

marcther

Mar 17, 2009
Mine is Ok with kodak color chart

I put a copy of my Kodak Color chart and gretag Macbeth in one of my photo folders and the color registered very very good.
mayby your screen brighteness is not set properly.
Try it halfway to start.:cool:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
There is definitely a yellow hue to the 3G screen. Apple made the colors "warmer" for our (in)convenience.

Mar 8, 2009
It would seem that they are prepping you for a future in Glaucoma..? lol

It doesn't seem 'too' yellow to me, but I have no way to ocmpare ours side by side.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It would seem that they are prepping you for a future in Glaucoma..? lol

It doesn't seem 'too' yellow to me, but I have no way to ocmpare ours side by side.
Well, I've had one vitrectomy in each eye, a scleral buckle installed on one, and two cataract surgeries. Do I count? :laugh2:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
if you don't like your 3g screen cause its too yellow i have a 16gb original iPhone i will trade you strait up...