Why do I need an iPad?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
If you have an iPhone, you will rarely use your ipad, Usually my ipad is used by my kids to play games.
This was the case for me, though I always end up buying the latest iPad only to sell it after I realize I've not been using it. But many people use it often iPhone or not.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have an iPad 2. I use it all the time at home. I read on it, play a game or two and watch the occasional video. With these tasks, if the iPad is available, I prefer it. I also have been blessed with an iPad 4 LTE from work. I use it on the road for presentations and entering data to the company's CRM. I have an iPhone. Love it too. But I can't picture my day without my iPad. The larger screen is useful. It's also my preferred email device.

Target

Sent using iCafe app on iPad 2

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have the iPad 3, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. It's a bit heavier than I'd like, but I mainly use it during frequent flights from the east coast to Utah. It's great for movies.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I use my iPhone much more. I pretty much only use an iPad for watching movies on airplanes, reading eBooks and as an Air Video middleman for streaming non-itunes friendly video content from my Mac to my Apple TV. I sold my original mini last month and going without it has been a piece of cake. I would have been in full withdrawal after 48 hours if that were my iPhone.