Why do nice guys finish last in your opinion?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Before I started weighlifting I was ALWAYS the nice guy that was kinda of a pushover, ya know the guy that cant say no to anyone, and goes out of his way to make sure that a person is taken care. . .But then I began to notice that some of things I were doing for people werent even saying Thank You and probably werent even my friends. They probably even assumed that I was a push-over ya kno. . .Looking back at my old self I think that I was such a "Tool" to people:oops:

But thanks to weighlifting it has given me confidence to know that I'm not nor will I let anyone take advantage of my personality and that I will never put more in than what I will get out if ya kno what I mean

In my 15 years of life an important life lesson learned would be (IMO) that NICE GUYS ALWAYS FINISH LAST;)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Not exactly a "revelation."

And if that's an important life lesson to you, I would suggest putting the DUMB bells down and picking up a book.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
post before and after pics...

of the progress of the lifting..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I say if you're the kind of person that enjoys helping other people, don't let their shite attitudes talk you out of being that kind of person. Just find better people to do stuff for...

Nothing wrong with weight-lifting and self-confidence and all that. Just don't let it turn you around 180 degrees into a self-centered body-lover who only worries about themselves. Cause I've seen it go that way, too.

H

Hayesimus

I'm a nice guy. :p

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Before I started weighlifting I was ALWAYS the nice guy that was kinda of a pushover, ya know the guy that cant say no to anyone, and goes out of his way to make sure that a person is taken care. . .But then I began to notice that some of things I were doing for people werent even saying Thank You and probably werent even my friends. They probably even assumed that I was a push-over ya kno. . .Looking back at my old self I think that I was such a "Tool" to people:oops:

But thanks to weighlifting it has given me confidence to know that I'm not nor will I let anyone take advantage of my personality and that I will never put more in than what I will get out if ya kno what I mean

In my 15 years of life an important life lesson learned would be (IMO) that NICE GUYS ALWAYS FINISH LAST;)
Heheh -- at fifteen years old, you're nowhere near the finish line. Maybe the rewards for all the good you're doing will come back to you a lot later in life. On the other hand, perhaps expecting rewards for doing good things is a little unrealistic and selfish. They may not even show up in this life. Who knows? Just my two cents.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Not exactly a "revelation."

And if that's an important life lesson to you, I would suggest putting the DUMB bells down and picking up a book.
Dude I'm definitely not DUMB just realized that I was a tool to ever believe that I would get anywhere in life being "the nice guy"
-You said picking up a book. . .Well what do you recommend Ive been reading a called Rich dad Poor dad :)

post before and after pics...

of the progress of the lifting..
Im saving those for my "reveal";)

Heheh -- at fifteen years old, you're nowhere near the finish line. Maybe the rewards for all the good you're doing will come back to you a lot later in life.
I Hope man:) That is if people could even remember me:p

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
ive learned you should be a nice guy most of the time
to family friends and the elderly
but when you need to handle your businesss
ex: DMV
ex: Auto body shop's etc.
Be a prick and you will not get pushed over

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
PDS, there is a difference between being a nice, kind, considerate person and a pushover. You are a nice person. Nothing wrong with that. I do not think a pushover would go find himself a job at 15.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
OMG koko you always know what say! :laugh2:
lol. I am like your virtual mom or big sis! (Since I am "only" 37, I will take big sis).

You already have decided on your own to get a job. You have already decided on your own to work out and keep your body healthy and strong. You seem like a pretty mature 15 YO to me. I think you are becoming more adult-like and responsible, not less nice or considerate. Part of growing up is making your own decisions separate from a group (of peers or parents). You seem like you are on the right path, to me. :)

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.

Hi Project, i would just echo KoKos comments, and add my own observation, you do seem mature for 15, and you have a lot of passion and enthusiasm about life (it comes across in your posts) thats an infectious combination that will draw people to you... And as koko says being a nice guy and a pushover are really not the same.
Have you ever heard about indigo children? They are teens with special insights that most adults don't posses, you strike me as such a teen...its worth a google.
Ok, sermon over lol, and i leave with a great quote by Sutta Nipata:

"Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts. Develop the mind of equilibrium. You will always be getting praise and blame, but do not let either affect the poise of the mind: follow the calmness, the absence of pride."
:)

H

Hayesimus

interesting: Indigo Children. i think that was me. I have seriously had the same frame of mind since I can remember. Yeah here come the jokes saying that I act like I'm still in junior high. No I mean I always was more mature in thought than my peers. Maybe I didn't act like it, but I thought like adults. Or maybe even more mature than some adults. It could be because I had to be the adult most of the times when it came to dealing with my parents. but that's another story. Indigo children huh? I'm so going to google that now! Keep your chin up PDS!

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
interesting: Indigo Children. i think that was me. I have seriously had the same frame of mind since I can remember. Yeah here come the jokes saying that I act like I'm still in junior high. No I mean I always was more mature in thought than my peers. Maybe I didn't act like it, but I thought like adults. Or maybe even more mature than some adults. It could be because I had to be the adult most of the times when it came to dealing with my parents. but that's another story. Indigo children huh? I'm so going to google that now! Keep your chin up PDS!
You could very well be an indigo Hayes,..
Indigo children refers to a New Age belief that some children, especially those born after the late 1970s, represent a higher state of human evolution. The term itself is a reference to the belief that such children have an INIGO colored aura.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
You could very well be an indigo Hayes,..
Indigo children refers to a New Age belief that some children, especially those born after the late 1970s, represent a higher state of human evolution. The term itself is a reference to the belief that such children have an INIGO colored aura.
For a moment I thought you were referring to Indigo Montoya......."My name is Indigo Montoya,you killed my father, now prepare to die" ha ha, just kidding. (sorry I couldn't resist....)