Why do people think its 4GS?

gokart

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
It is not a 4G phone. It does not say 4GS on the phone, box, or anywhere else. Why do people think the 4S is a 4GS? People even thought the 4 was iPhone 4G. Had my last straw today when I got this text message:

IMG_2072.JPG

Anyone else share my pain?!

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I had a guy arguing with me that it was the iPhone 5.:confused:

Then again, people are still calling the 4 a 4G.
That's nothing!
I had one guy argue with me a couple of weeks ago that the new iPhone was going to have a screen that would illuminate on the table in front of you to use as a keyboard...what a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

gokart

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
That's nothing!
I had one guy argue with me a couple of weeks ago that the new iPhone was going to have a screen that would illuminate on the table in front of you to use as a keyboard...what a joke!

Wait, are you by any chance in LA?! I had the same guy tell me that at a Starbucks!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
It is not a 4G phone. It does not say 4GS on the phone, box, or anywhere else. Why do people think the 4S is a 4GS? People even thought the 4 was iPhone 4G. Had my last straw today when I got this text message:

View attachment 16686

Anyone else share my pain?!
It's as maddening to me as when someone calls an iPod touch "iPod touch". I don't care how rude I sound when I correct them, it is just not the name of the product.

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
It's as maddening to me as when someone calls an iPod touch "iPod touch". I don't care how rude I sound when I correct them, it is just not the name of the product.
that frustrates me to NO end!
i also hate when the call the iPhone 4, the iPhone 4g..

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
That's nothing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YifNGULNrI

This is why he was arguing that with you. It's a fan made video (very well done, I might add) showing very neat but absolutely impossible "concept features" of the iPhone 5 including super thin display (credit card thin), laser keyboard (what you are describing), and a holographic display that projects Star Wars-like over the iPhone.

Can't believe someone thought the video was real, though.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YifNGULNrI

This is why he was arguing that with you. It's a fan made video (very well done, I might add) showing very neat but absolutely impossible "concept features" of the iPhone 5 including super thin display (credit card thin), laser keyboard (what you are describing), and a holographic display that projects Star Wars-like over the iPhone.

Can't believe someone thought the video was real, though.
Oh damn...That's exactly what he was talking about! What an idiot

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
it isn't on the West Coast only, I am in Washington DC and I heard the same thing....how the hell would you type on a holographic keyboard?
Someone here in FL told Me the same thing. Watch the video and you can see how you would type