Why do so many Android users hate on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ICON502, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ICON502

ICON502 Member
    Bronze

I am a former Android user. I know what can be done with both platforms. The main reasons I switched are the apps and like how ios runs and flows. Its funny how most of them that argue with me has never even owned an Apple product lol. Why do some hate so much?

2. applejailescape

Gold

Take a football team for example the lower teams fans hate the bigger clubs because there better . Same with Android and iPhone!

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Because Apple is easy to hate with their "my way or the highway" attitude. Apple users get branded as fanboys or sheeple because of their apparent acceptance of Apple's practices.

Apple haters also constantly throw out the "planned obsolescence" theory on every single product release because there happens to be another product out there with slightly higher specs or features.

I also get the feeling that these same people feel that our want for things to be easy to use and aesthetically attractive is superficial. On the contrary, there's really no reason for electronic devices to NOT have these properties. It just takes a little attention to detail.

Oh, and of course, Macs are overpriced garbage.

4. ICON502

ICON502 Member
    Bronze

I never thought of it that way lol. Very good!

5. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

The way I see it, is it's a jealously thing. I used to have an Android phone, and I didn't want to succumb to the tight rules that Apple has. Well, let's just say I ended up joining anyway and couldn't bring myself to take a step backward now to Android. Jailbreak makes it even sweeter.

6. ICON502

ICON502 Member
    Bronze

I couldnt stand the Android market.There was a few apps that was cool but most wasn't near as good as the ones in iTunes. Theres an app on the Android market I use to have called iPhone top 100 apps. It shows you which games Android has and the ones it dosent. The Android market does have some of the same apps as iTunes but some are GENARIC SUBSTITUTES to the ones in iTunes. I don't think most Android devices are even able to stream movies with Netflix still.

Ive thought about jailbreaking the phone but so far Ive been completely happy. The phone does everything I need it and more as of now. I may however go ahead and jailbreak my Apple tv.

7. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

I actually am missing the Android market sometimes.

8. ICON502

ICON502 Member
    Bronze

I read this awhile back. From a developer stand point maybe this explains why some of the apps arent as good.

#8 ICON502, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
  9. ICON502

ICON502 Member
    Bronze

Hey my cousin loves his Droid and the Android Market. Nothing wrong with that. I personally just like iTunes a lot more. I like being able to download music movies and apps in the same place. Why do you sometimes miss the Android Market though? If you don't mind me asking.

10. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Right, jealousy is at the root of the hate because every iPhone is perfect. I was floored when the 3GS came out thinking, how'd they come up with that. And then the 4, perfect on top of perfect. Nothing is ever missing and yet the next release just changes everything all over again.

In contrast Droid is sucking on well intentions and honest effort short of the mark. How they ever picked up steam makes no sense whatsoever. And they say we're sniffing koolaid. They must be shooting it straight in the arm.

Now that I've got that out of my system I do find it amusing when some Apple owners are able to point out the companies' short comings and how that affects the products.

By contrast exDroid converts can pick out lacking attributes that spoiled things for them but I doubt any of them can say such omissions were deliberate. Apple on the other hand lies to me and leaves me feeling ripped off. Fortunately my iDevices are jailbroken else I'd not bother playing in the garden.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

11. ICON502

ICON502 Member
    Bronze

Everyone has seen the tiny watch production iPhone 4 vs HTC EVO cartoons on youtube right? I tried to ask one of the guys on there how come the iPhone 4 sold around 1.7 million phone in the first three days of launch lol. He replied because everybody jumped on the bandwagon lol.

He aslo had this to say lol.

"I'm saying the iPhone is popular because it is riding on the coattails of how great people thought it was in 2007. The iPhone isn't even super popular anymore all I ever hear is about the evo and epic. The iPhone is gonna be like the jonas brothers in a few years, old and forgotten. If you haven't experienced 4g and you don't care about specs then I can see why you got an iPhone. But this argument is degrading into something like the video".

Its not super popular anymore lol?

12. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

hate is such a strong word. i don't think adriod users hate the iPhone i just think they hate the restrictions that Apple has put in the way of the device. i think every person has to decide what he or she wants in a smart phone. i'll be honest i use to have an iPhone but i gave it to my son. i just couldn't deal with the drop calls and missed calls. to me a phone, weather it's an iPhone, evo or a bb. should be able to make calls not drop them. yes i know their is an app to tell you were the nearest pay phone is so you can make your call. but that's not what i want in phone.

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

We've already found enough ways to divide ourselves as human beings. Perhaps we could agree to stop the trend short of judging others based on what mobile they use? It's ridiculous.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Them's fightin' woids.

15. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Well, the one who never use an iPhone always think it's sucks! And believe what's they using is better. LOL

16. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I, too, believe it's a jealousy thing. How many other mobile devices are consistently news worthy? How many mobile device companies have people waiting in lines days in advance? How many product releases are nearly parties when the doors open to long lines? And how many CEOs are followed and admired like rock stars? The answer as we all know is ONE. Just one. It doesn't matter how many people hate Apple, really. Android is relatively new, and Android users should thank Apple because Apple is who everyone is copying and trying to one-up. No ever calls a phone an android-killer, or a Palm-killer, etc. Ah, I have to go back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

17. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Ha! I'm riding on a bus to Houston (for a school trip with my son) and everyone in my sight on this bus is rocking either an iPhone or touch. yes, pretty unpopular I'd say. Ip5, I'm not going to waste my time with your silly comments. All I'll say is "iPhone rules"! That's why 90% of people I see have one. You'll have your scragglers who hang their head low when asked what kind of phone they have....and they reply "insert the hundreds of crappy droid phone name here" and the still say "it's like an iPhone, but better! See this video wallpaper? Cool huh? yes what's really cool is the battery lasts about 4 hours. Great if you can keep it plugged in. Fwiw, I had that junk on my iPhone, but my battery did last about 8 hours. Blah! Who cares! iPhone rules the land. Period.

18. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

You hit the nail on the head. Right on the [insert expletive here] head!

19. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

yup he sure hit the nail on the head school bus, kids and iPhones thoes things do not surprise me. because were i work their are adults and most of them have blackberries. i guess it all comes down to what you what a phone to do. if you want apps and games then it's a no-brainer iPhone. but if you want to do something productive like run a businesss then i take it you won't be rockin the iPhone.

20. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I tend to like my phone to spellcheck, but that's just me.