Why do so many Android users hate on the iPhone?

Sep 6, 2010
Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Understood... Does this rule only apply to me? Because I have seen images with that same saying posted multiple times on this forum and haven't seem any of the mods remove it or tell the person not to post it again.

Post # 303 in this thread is only one example, I'm sure I can find others.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/the-official-12-21-2012-thread.46718/page-16
This is just my opinion. First off, it's not funny when it's overused. I consider that 'his image' since he was the first to post it here. No solid rule, just internet ettiquite. Secondly, he doesn't consistently push the limits of the forum rules, so he probably has a little leeway. But you're right, technically, it's not okay. FWIW, I once posted an image with that word and it was deleted by a mod.

Sep 6, 2010
This is just my opinion. First off, it's not funny when it's overused. I consider that "his image" since he has already posted it here twice. No solid rule, just internet ettiquite. Secondly, he doesn't consistently push the limits of the forum rules, so he probably has a little leeway. But you're right, technically, it's not okay. FWIW, I once posted an image with that word and it was deleted by a mod.
First of all, my question was directed toward a moderator. Secondly, I did not post the same image so I have no clue what you are talking about. Thirdly, giving a person "leeway" because they don't push the limits of the forum rules is crap, IMHO.....

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Oh, I thought Europa is/was a mod. Feel like I just woke up in bizzaro world but Apple's still here so can't be a dream ;)

And yes, app investment in any platform makes leaving it a huge decision. DRM music, I think can be converted but the pain is likely not worth the effort.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
First of all, my question was directed toward a moderator. Secondly, I did not post the same image so I have no clue what you are talking about. Thirdly, giving a person leeway because they don't push the limits of the forum is crap, IMHO.....
Relax. I started that with, "this is just my opinion." I assumed you had posted the same image, so I'll apologize for making that assumption. It just seems to me that you are frequently going out of your way to push the limits, then get upset when you get called on it because someone else did something similar at some point and got away with it.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Relax. I started that with, "this is just my opinion." I assumed you had posted the same image, so I'll apologize for making that assumption. It just seems to me that you are frequently going out of your way to push the limits, then get upset when you get called on it because someone else did something similar at some point and got away with it. I think it's a little childish.
The image police ticketed you too. OK, maybe a worm hole nearby and we're experiencing some overlap.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Actually my wife's iPhone4 was behaving buggy while we were on the road yesterday. What's the right way to get it to hard reboot, hold both power/face buttons till it resets? Took some fiddling and had to reset it a couple times and I was never sure which sequence I did was winner. Really wish I could just pop the battery then. Anyway, glad I've a corporate account with Apple. Know they've a great replacement policy in general but having bought bunch of Mac Pros and software gets me some extras :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Actually my wife's iPhone4 was behaving buggy while we were on the road yesterday. What's the right way to get it to hard reboot, hold both power/face buttons till it resets? Took some fiddling and had to reset it a couple times and I was never sure which sequence I did was winner. Really wish I could just pop the battery then. Anyway, glad I've a corporate account with Apple. Know they've a great replacement policy in general but having bought bunch of Mac Pros and software gets me some extras :)
Correct. Press the home and the power button simultaneously and let go when you see the Apple logo.

Sep 6, 2010
Relax. I started that with, "this is just my opinion." I assumed you had posted the same image, so I'll apologize for making that assumption. It just seems to me that you are frequently going out of your way to push the limits, then get upset when you get called on it because someone else did something similar at some point and got away with it.
It wasn't my intention to break the rules when I posted that image. I had seen a similar image to that one posted before and thought it was okay to post since nothing was said. You keep bringing up the fact that I've broken the rules in the "past" and I have no idea why. I am sure I'm not the only one who has done so, and won't be the last.. Per favor, can we please forget about my past and move on? Thanks.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
A little sympathy for Apple from someone that can't stand the worst things that they do.

I can understand the conflict between p simple & control.

I lock down my users workstations such that they can't install apps. The worst offenders also have escalated anti virus settings that blocks a ton more actions. Generally there users fall in the category of having done something to require 2 or more system rebuilds.

It is near impossible to deliver great customer care and have a complex more free form platform or ecosystem.

Hmmm, seems my sympathy has become a bit self serving. Excuse me a little bit please and thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
@Europa & @Irish.

You're both back on forum and I along with others missed both of you.

Might I ask that you both take further personal items to PMs. I can understand the need for public airing and can also understand the sting of being singled out as well as the want to give tit for tat.

Europa, you've a whole thread of, "where's Europa".

Irish, I don't know how accurate I am but I see you as the fiery & opinionated southern belle. If you're actually Irish then multiply that. Maybe it's that I've always had a thing for the Celts.

You've also joined the few amongst us here that bridge platforms. We do tend to present a different view, a "dark" side as they would say ;)
I personally remind myself to appreciate that people for the most part give me room even if grudgingly.

Reading you both have at it, I know attempts at decorum are being made but between the lines I'm still feeling the history and the sense that it's personal.

It saddens me to see personalities that I particularly like to read at odds this way.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Understood... Does this rule only apply to me? Because I have seen images with that same saying posted multiple times on this forum and haven't seem any of the mods remove it or tell the person not to post it again.

Post # 303 in this thread is only one example, I'm sure I can find others.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/the-official-12-21-2012-thread.46718/page-16
The image has been removed from that post too.

Can't we all just get a long? I might have a new shiny "Moderator" title, but I've not changed, I'm still the same person I was before and I will still be same person after. Hopefully Chris will trust my judgment when/if I decide to remove something which I deem to be inappropriate.

Lets get back on topic (y)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
[quote="iPhonewarrior, post: 808739"I might have a new shiny "Moderator" title, but I've not changed, I'm still the same person I was before and I will still be same person after.

Lets get back on topic (y)[/quote]

That's funny. The week I became a moderator, I remember a young man on the forum commenting on how I'd changed already...:D:D:D

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You read to deeply between the lines ;)

You should know what I'm like by now?