Why do we leave iOS?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Seems like it has become popular to bag on iOS 7. Have heard numerous tech reviewers completely obliterate iOS 7. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I can't see it.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a sexy black leather Apple case.
If you can't bag on Apple, who else is worth bagging on?

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
If you can't bag on Apple, who else is worth bagging on?
I believe some of those who criticize Apple and iOS don't like it because it isn't Android. Being an Android fan is a preference. It shouldn't be used to criticize iOS. If I like blondes over brunettes, doesn't mean that there is something wrong with brunettes.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a sexy black leather Apple case.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I've seen a few people here leave iOS, but I've recently heard of about 9,000,000 others who have either stayed with or come to iOS. :p
9,000,000 means nothing it's no secret that Android still has over 80% of the world market when it comes to os. this is not my opinion but a documented fact.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
9,000,000 means nothing it's no secret that Android still has over 80% of the world market when it comes to os. this is not my opinion but a documented fact.
I wasn't discussing a billion different phones running twenty different software versions. I was discussing iOS 7, which has an adoption rate of over 50% so far.

Reactions: Europa

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I wasn't discussing a billion different phones running twenty different software versions. I was discussing iOS 7, which has an adoption rate of over 50% so far.
the title of this thread is "Why do we leave iOS?" it doesn't say anything about phones or ios7 but ios in general terms unless i am reading the title wrong. but i don't think so.
now your MOD so if you want go ahead and change the title. i'll understand;)

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
To add to my earlier posts in this thread: I'm back on iOS again right now for testing the iPhone 5c and because I miss the Apple Eco system. If I didn't have an iPad Mini, maybe it wouldn't matter as much.

I haven't been able to listen to my music and watch videos on my smartphone of choice and my iPad Mini as easily. Of course having two devices part of the same Eco system solves that problem ;)

Sent using iCafe app

mac2013

May 31, 2013
Whatever OS u try, you should value your opinion and decision. Try ios7 or point 1 or whatever latest. We must appreciate the beautiful side of the i'OS. Good stuff by Apple

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
the title of this thread is "Why do we leave iOS?" it doesn't say anything about phones or ios7 but ios in general terms unless I am reading the title wrong. but I don't think so.
now your MOD so if you want go ahead and change the title. I'll understand;)
Okay. You've had your little "Me, too! Me, too!" moment. I was discussing the nine million phones that Apple sold in the first three days. Nowhere in that post did I make a cut at Android, so leave your agenda at the door. It's getting tiring.

And don't point out that I'm a mod; that's a really bad tack to take with me. Thanks for your understanding.

Hovax615

Dec 8, 2010
When I first got a cell phone i had an HTC but Android wasn't out yet. Then I got an iPhone 3G while I had the 3G I got an Android device also which I hated and from the day on until the gs4 came out I hated Android. There were so many bugs, laggy and horrible user experience overall. I stuck with iOS for years to come till this year. I bought my second ever Android device which was the gs4 and I really loved that device. But I just felt like Samsung or AT&T once another flagship device comes out the old one gets forgotten about. I like the iPhone 5 but it is not as fast as how I had my gs4 setup. But i will stick with my iPhone 5 until i get a better offer or see what other phones are coming out.

Sent using iCafe app

nujsimon

Apr 22, 2012
Quezon City, Philippines
yes because the number includes the cheapest to the most expensive models and brands of Androids. A better survey is to ask "if they can afford any smartphone, what brand/model would they choose". For sure, many get a non-iphone, because its what they could only afford.

Sent using iCafe app

Hovax615

Dec 8, 2010
I'm not bagging on the iPhone or anything but when I had my s4 it can do more things than my iPhone can... I love Apple but I'm going to have to part ways again. For one I have fat fingers and push the wrong buttons all the time and need a bigger screen. Two I'm trying to do some stuff and send files and documents via email but I can't just really attach a file and send it like I could my gs4, nor could I just browse files that is on my device like I could on the gs4. I would have to back out open the email I sent with the document, hold the attached file than send it to the email I need to send it to, which is taking time going back and fourth in between apps. I know the iPhone has a better build quality and is very simplistic but it's not doing what I need to do when I had an Android device... I'm not a fanboy also because I've owned every iPhone up till the 5 and have an iPod, iPad and MacBook Pro.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not bagging on the iPhone or anything but when I had my s4 it can do more things than my iPhone can... I love Apple but I'm going to have to part ways again. For one I have fat fingers and push the wrong buttons all the time and need a bigger screen. Two I'm trying to do some stuff and send files and documents via email but I can't just really attach a file and send it like I could my gs4, nor could I just browse files that is on my device like I could on the gs4. I would have to back out open the email I sent with the document, hold the attached file than send it to the email I need to send it to, which is taking time going back and fourth in between apps. I know the iPhone has a better build quality and is very simplistic but it's not doing what I need to do when I had an Android device... I'm not a fanboy also because I've owned every iPhone up till the 5 and have an iPod, iPad and MacBook Pro.
I use DropBox to manage various files and email the links. Works great.

Reactions: iP5

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Now that I'm back (iPhone 5s bought 1st Jan 2014), I can say it is because iOS just works. And let's not even talk about the sheer availability of apps...

Redbull2000

Bronze
Dec 4, 2012
Minnapolis
Just happened to me again today. They announced the Note 3 and the first thought I had was how much could I get for my iPhone? But I have to stay grounded. Because the truth is that I had the Note 2 and that didn't work out. And now I'm back.

Sent from the baddest smartphone on the planet, my smokin hot iPhone 5 in white!
Why the note 2 didn't work out ?

denzel1989

Bronze
Oct 12, 2013
I love my iPhone. The features and how seamlessly it works with the os. I'm happy over all plus the jail break is making me so happy