Why do you have an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Marx Costa, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Marx Costa

Marx Costa New Member

Why do you have an iPhone 5? Any specific reason as compared to other phones available.

#1 Marx Costa, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My mother had an upgrade available at the time and I needed something newer than the iPhone 4 that I had. I believe I waited for the iPhone 5; yeah I don't believe I've gotten a 4s or any iPhone with a letter after the number.

I have enjoyed all of the iPhones that I have had, and will stick with it, but one of the reasons I upgraded was for Siri. She is a lot of fun to talk to for the laughs and giggles from her responses.

Panorama is another feature that I continued to see commercials for, thereforee I just had to have it! Using Panorama is just awesome in my opinion. It's great!

Overall, I love the iPhone 5, and will not be upgrading until the iPhone 6 is released.

Sent using iCafe app

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Because I can't get a 5S yet.

4. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Because I can't order my 5S yet. Oh and I bought the iPhone 5 last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

You don't ?

6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Because I had iPhone 4 and needed a new phone.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Because I wanted to buy it ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I don't.

Sent using iCafe app

9. applejosh

applejosh Member
    Bronze

Wanted LTE mainly. The longer screen was welcome, though. I also like how light the phone is compared to the double glass 4/4S.

10. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Question regarding LTE. I'm currently on the 4S, so I get throttled when I go over 3 GB of data on my so called "unlimited" plan. When I switch to the 5S, because that is an LTE phone, will my throttle limit increase to 5 GB, even though most of my data usage will be in an area that doesn't have LTE towers?

Sent using iCafe app

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, your soft cap will increase to 5 GB when you get an LTE phone regardless if you actually use LTE.

12. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

I got the iPhone 5 because someone stole my iPhone 4 and i wanted to see the big fuss about the LTE

13. mariannelisabeth

mariannelisabeth New Member

Because I'm hooked on gadgets and Apple makes the best gadgets in my humble opinion... iPhone 5 is a beautiful phone inside and out.

Sent using iCafe app

14. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

I got the iPhone 5 because of the bigger screen. I have screen envy of all those Android devices.

Lte is only available in certain areas of my town, so that wasn't a big factor.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

15. sashusmom

sashusmom New Member

I waited on buying an iPhone since it came to t-mobile. I am an Android girl that got tired of freezes and non functioning phones when I really needed one to make or receive a call. My last iPhone was a 3gs that I sold after 2 years for a great price to help buy my galaxy nexus.

I was waiting to see what the new iPhones would bring. I got my iPhone 5 because after waiting for the "new" 5s and 5c announcement I was really disappointed with the 5c- pretty much the same as the 5- and the 5s had a better camera and FP sensor(very cool) but with a huge pricetag for the 32 gb. And I am not one to wait on a line to buy something.

The 5's were going away, and I did not want another plastic phone. All of my Androids were plastic and I was looking for the aluminum body. Since the 5 and 5c phones are pretty much the same after the iOS7 upgrade, And The 5S was $300 for the 32gb and very difficult to get (remember, I refuse to stand on a line to buy a phone and the upgrades on this were not important to me- FP sensor and Camera)- I went to Best Buy last weekend and got a $100 trade in for an old LG Thrive, and I could have gotten the 5 16gb for free, but I added $99 to it for the 32 gb version. It was my son's upgrade. He uses a messaging phone- hates touchscreens and technology. After 14 days I will officially switch him back to his phone. Until then the nano sim is in an adapter in his messaging old fx phone.

Long story for a sinple question OP.

That 32gb- iPhone 5 is now on tmobile with the $30 monthly 4g plan. I like to switch phones- So now I have the iPhone 5, an original Note with a huge screen that comes in handy, a galaxy nexus, and a lumia 521.

I can hack my Androids, play with a windows phone 8, and have good steady iPhone until the jailbreak comes out for the iOS7. That will be a long wait though.

I like the iOS7. It has a lot of Androidish features that I am used to- and the 4 inch screen is comparable to the gNex one. I really like the iPhone 5. A happy switcher here!

16. Link182kidd

Link182kidd Member
    Bronze

Because i refuse to buy a phone that only really offers fingerprint technology.
    As an extra. I want 5inch+ screen! Basically i want an iPhone 6. So my iPhone 5 is fine for now. :)

Sent using iPhone 5 Black 32GB

17. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

Because it is a sexy device. It works when I need it to work. I have never had a gadget that I have loved so much.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a sexy black leather Apple case.

18. rmfnla

rmfnla Member
    Bronze

It's the cool phone...

19. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Because my 5 is unlocked.

20. nujsimon

nujsimon New Member

Bday gift (dec) from my wife but hoping to be given a 5s, as gift this dec, as only around dec when new Apple devices are available in my country. Thats life :)

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad