Why does my PC keep crashing

trueblue

Dec 6, 2008
OK I have set up my iPhone 3G with my desktop PC and everything went fine, no probs. Now when I try plugging it into the same USB port ,,I get a msg about myPC recognising a Camera? It then causes my PC to do an automatic re-start. But when it loads back up,,it just keeps doing restarts until I unplug the iPhone. I have tried it on my laptop downstairs,,and all fine there,ans I have updated the phone to thr latest version. But as I will be giving the phone to my wife for her xmass and she normally uses the PC ,,as I take the laptop to work , its not ideal. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it ?

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Its because its a PC!

Just kidding, had to throw that in there, but in all seriousness, do two things:
1.) uncheck the box in iTunes to automatically sync the iPhone when plugged in.
2.) go into the control panel and go to the camera's icon. There should be a option in there to not automatically download photos when a camera is attached.

This may not be a fix, but should keep the PC from re-starting so that you can sync your phone.

trueblue

Dec 6, 2008
How would you upload photo's from the iPhone to the PC then? ? without it doing the same

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
How would you upload photo's from the iPhone to the PC then? ? without it doing the same
If I were you I'd be more concerned about getting your computer and your iPhone to work together before I'd worry about transferring files.

It sounds like you've got some sort of hard conflict going on, if I were you I'd disconnect any other USB devices you have installed.

Read this, it should help

Tug

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Dunno, thats why I said it wasn't a fix, but would get you to sync your phone at least. I wish I could help more, thats all I know to do.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
do you have a printer installed? there was a issue with some printers crashing the pc when you connected your phone. try and unplugging it and see what happens.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you disconnect all other USB devices and it's still crashing, you likely have a bad USB cable or port. Try other ones.

trueblue

Dec 6, 2008
cheers guys,,but thats pretty poor really when you think of the cost of the iPhone that you have to email pics then delete before you plug it in. even £30 phones from woolworths can upload their own pics!

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
You can upload your own pics. It works fine for me but there is a issue with YOUR pc.