Why even have a MacBook?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro' started by Mrallank59, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

I don't post often so if this is cheesy or has already been covered, please forgive me. What I'm wandering is.. What's the sense in a MacBook? I can do everything on my IPad. Everything being equal the one thing that stands out is playing games. Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I can play games on my iPad, but not my MacBook. I'm thinking of trading in my MacBook and just getting that big honkin' iPad Pro. Has anyone had similar thoughts.
    Thanks
    Allan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Different tools for different tasks. For business productivity, the MacBook is superior for me. For light work, media consumption, and games, the iPad is the right tool. Which one is best, a car or a bike? Get my drift?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. inapplewetrust

inapplewetrust New Member

For personal use an iPad is fine but there is SO much you just can't do on one. Also the keyboard and trackpad is vastly superior for extended use.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You can't connect to iTunes on an iPad. That's a big limitation for many users.

5. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Well, I guess I got taken to school. I've been on this forum long enough, I shoulda learned something by now. Oh well, ignorance is bliss.

6. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Okay, I just bought the 10-5 inch iPad Pro. I traded in my laptop. They gave me almost 500 bucks. I don't do anything professional, or work related on it. I would've gotten the the 12.9 inch but life proof or otter box doesn't have a case yet for the 12.9. However, just got lucky and found an otter box defender for to 10.5 inch. Sorry no pics. They have to send it to me.

7. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Hey Ledsteplin. I'm able to connect to iTunes and the App Store on my iPad. At least I think I'm connecting.

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If you have to ask you'll never know

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He was referring to the Mac OS iTunes computer program. You need that to do full updates (opposed to over the air updates), full restores, sync apps that are no longer in the App Store, sync music from sources other than iTunes and manage a music library.

10. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Hey Kadelic, if you're referring to me having to ask, you are so right. What little I've learned over the last few years, I've learned here. However, I am trainable. Heck, I recently learned what a thread is.
    Allan