why im not going to buy day 1

gomie

Jun 25, 2007
there are already superb pda cellphones already on shelves that stream audio and video at with superb applications such as orb or slingbox that are extremely reliable. the speakers on my q are phenomenal, thus not requiring headphones. im unclear on why people are saying they need a reboot every day. this is just plain false. im typing this post without any hiccups. if i want a high capacity mini sd card to store audio/video, i have that choice, but typically i'll stream audio from my favorite radio station or shoutcast. google has already reformatted their webpages to make navigation quite simple. granted it looks neat on the iPhone, i can do without it. now if i were primarely watching videos, and needed the ipod synch functionality, i would probably purchase one. but i personally prefer using other media management techniques. why not wait a day or two before ordering an iPhone? don't get caught up in the consumer madness. there will be plenty available.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
tldnr any way its your choice to get one or to wait. It may be a smart choice if it flops *knock on wood.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I'm waiting, but not for the reasons you listed above. I'm waiting to read reviews and see if there are any "trouble issues" ie: bad speaker, crappy battery, screen malfunctions, etc etc. Like anything new there are going to be problems, and most of those problems will be discovered by the consumer. If it's a mass problem out comes a fix or "new and improved" version. Thats what i'm waiting for......plus the hopes that the price will drop a little bit.....;)

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Why are people coming on the iPhone forum just to say they aren't wanting one? Don't get me wrong it's not for everyone, but why waste yor time and ours by posting that you don't want it. Isn't there a windows mobile forum for that, or is it down for a reboot. :laugh2:

grydlock

Jun 23, 2007
sad to hear, but that's one more iPhone out there for someone to buy!

btw, does your q have the iPod function?

gomie

Jun 25, 2007
uh no.

Why are people coming on the iPhone forum just to say they aren't wanting one? Don't get me wrong it's not for everyone, but why waste yor time and ours by posting that you don't want it. Isn't there a windows mobile forum for that, or is it down for a reboot. :laugh2:
so you'd rather a monolithic discussion that doesn't compare technologies and clap as loud as Apple tells you to. if you purchased a vw bug, would you only talk about the advance craftsmenship of it or compare to other similarly priced vehicles. most pda cell pages are actively discussing other cellphones.

don't get me wrong, the iPhone may turn out brilliant despite its data speeds, but who knows.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
so you'd rather a monolithic discussion that doesn't compare technologies and clap as loud as Apple tells you to. if you purchased a vw bug, would you only talk about the advance craftsmenship of it or compare to other similarly priced vehicles. most pda cell pages are actively discussing other cellphones.

don't get me wrong, the iPhone may turn out brilliant despite its data speeds, but who knows.
I am all for comparing tech. I just don't understand why suddenly the Microsoft gang is hijacking a nice Apple forum.

I am just opposed to companies who's next great idea is just another copy of someone else's creativity (i.e. Vista, Zune, etc.).

Feel free to discuss anything you want to in here, just don't be surprised if you catch hell from others just like me.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Your cell phone clearly has not ability to break lines of text up.

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007

I think as far as we are concerned, and a lot of others not on the forum, there is no technology that compares or maybe i should say device. Granted your Q has a nice rocker switch for navigation and can go online but you still need an iPod. Plus its windows which is the BIGGEST reason to stay away for me.

Thanks for freeing up 1 more iPhone.

One question... Does your Q have a caps or shift button?

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
I am just opposed to companies who's next great idea is just another copy of someone else's creativity (i.e. Vista, Zune, etc.).
This isn't unique to microsoft...apple has done MORE than its share of copying. It's sort of standard in the industry to rip off your competitors.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
This isn't unique to microsoft...apple has done MORE than its share of copying. It's sort of standard in the industry to rip off your competitors.
Please elaborate on the areas Apple has copied. I would honestly like to know.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
The iPhone, iPod, and OS X are great examples of this. :p

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
there are already superb pda cellphones already on shelves that stream audio and video at with superb applications such as orb or slingbox that are extremely reliable. the speakers on my q are phenomenal, thus not requiring headphones. im unclear on why people are saying they need a reboot every day. this is just plain false. im typing this post without any hiccups. if i want a high capacity mini sd card to store audio/video, i have that choice, but typically i'll stream audio from my favorite radio station or shoutcast. google has already reformatted their webpages to make navigation quite simple. granted it looks neat on the iPhone, i can do without it. now if i were primarely watching videos, and needed the ipod synch functionality, i would probably purchase one. but i personally prefer using other media management techniques. why not wait a day or two before ordering an iPhone? don't get caught up in the consumer madness. there will be plenty available.
See the reason i have stayed away from windows mobile phones is the fact that they seem to unorganized and just seem to much of a mess, i have stayed away from all windows smart phones because of this. Yes maybe other phones can do what a iPhone can but how much more easy and organized are they? not much. You can do the same thing on some other phones but its not that easy

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
See the reason i have stayed away from windows mobile phones is the fact that they seem to unorganized and just seem to much of a mess, i have stayed away from all windows smart phones because of this. Yes maybe other phones can do what a iPhone can but how much more easy and organized are they? not much. You can do the same thing on some other phones but its not that easy
I concur completely. This is exactly why I have stayed with Palm/Blackberry phones for so long. Windows mobile is a mess, I really thought the Q was a sexy looking device. Had it run a decent operating system... who knows maybe I would have bought one.

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
I concur completely. This is exactly why I have stayed with Palm/Blackberry phones for so long. Windows mobile is a mess, I really thought the Q was a sexy looking device. Had it run a decent operating system... who knows maybe I would have bought one.
heck i probably would of gotten the blackjack a long time ago if it didn't have windows on it

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Another Mac fan I see... Good on ya.

Jun 5, 2007

did you ever wonder why the name of this site is "everythingiPhone." obv you are not going to find many posts comparing cell phones, because its EVERYTHINGiPhone...duhhh

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina
microsoft has copied Apple since the beginning, Apple came out with the mouse first, the interactive desktop. Im sorry Apple didn't "copy" the mp3 player market they set it with the ipod. Apple takes things that are in desprete need of change and makes it even better