why im not going to buy day 1

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Do a search on the New York Times and watch the satire review of Windows Vista and you will see what I mean.

Hasta la Vista Vista!

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Do a search on the New York Times and watch the satire review of Windows Vista and you will see what I mean.

Hasta la Vista Vista!
Exactly! See what I mean? See how someone at Apple stole those ideas from Longhorn when they created Tiger over 2 years ago? ;) I love that video.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Is this Engadget? People who boast about not buying the iPhone usually tells me one thing...they cannot afford one. To them I say, get an education and a high paying job.

About "copying" products... Read any corporate strategic management book. Read "The 4 E's of Leadership" by Jack Welsh, former CEO of GE. Go to graduate school for any executive management degree. You'll find that in the businesss world a successful company should not spend resources defending existing competitive advantages (like a better product or process), but rather create new ones while competitors erode the old ones. And what is the most common way of eroding a competitive advantage? Imitation.

The point is, every successful company does it. It's good businesss and good strategy.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Is this Engadget? People who boast about not buying the iPhone usually tells me one thing...they cannot afford one. To them I say, get an education and a high paying job.

About "copying" products... Read any corporate strategic management book. Read "The 4 E's of Leadership" by Jack Welsh, former CEO of GE. Go to graduate school for any executive management degree. You'll find that in the businesss world a successful company should not spend resources defending existing competitive advantages (like a better product or process), but rather create new ones while competitors erode the old ones. And what is the most common way of eroding a competitive advantage? Imitation.

The point is, every successful company does it. It's good businesss and good strategy.
With an education and a good job you get toys like my cars...:laugh2:

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Ranged30/

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL

LTownBrodown

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Landrum, South Carolina

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
This thread makes me really really happy, cause everyone that says they aren't getting one, is just one more person that won't be in front of me in line. I hope this thread gets 10 million hits and I'm the only one in line.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Hey..why is your wife driving the porsche? ;) G35s are nice though, much more refined than a Z.

My daily driver has a book value of only $6500 now...but an additional $23,000 in aftermarket performance upgrades. :cool:

Over 480 hp from a 2.0 4cyl = corvette eater.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/stylepts3/enginebay5.jpg
I love my G! I put a CAI, Supercharger, and a Catback Exhaust on it. I am pushing 415hp or so, and you should see the interior mods like my 7" touchscreen Nav unit and such. BTW we both drive the porsche, but it depends on who takes the kids to school that day.

I also have another daily driver for the bad weather days. Nothing to write home about but it is a decent GMC Envoy Denali.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
I'm running a Bullseye T04B 50 trim turbo @ 23 psi. Room for about 5 more lbs of boost with a better tune. Methanol injected. Wayyy too many parts to list. I don't spend a dollar on anything that doesn't make it go faster.

My next project I'm working on is a kit car. Factory Five GTM. $19k for the kit and a donor C5. LS6 + Porsche transaxle + 2100 lb curb weight. Ferrari killer. It'll cost about $45k when completed and painted, which takes about six months to assemble when gainfully employed. Unfortunately there is a waiting list and I won't see delivery for 5 months, giving me time to source the donor parts I guess. Tuning and modding fast cars is my hobby.

Here's a link if you never heard of it. If you want to build one better get in line, there's 6000 of us worldwide. :D

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/concept.html

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Yeah, my next project I'm working on is a kit car. Factory Five GTM. $19k for the kit and a donor C5. LS6 + Porsche transaxle + 2100 lb curb weight. Ferrari killer. It'll cost about $45k when completed and painted, which takes about six months to assemble when gainfully employed. Unfortunately there is a waiting list and I won't see delivery for 5 months, giving me time to source the donor parts I guess. Tuning and modding fast cars is my hobby.

Here's a link if you never heard of it. If you want to build one better get in line, there's 6000 of us worldwide. :D This will be my first non-sleeper.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/concept.html
That thing looks sick. Right now I am restoring a '67 Stingray hardtop convertible though. Only one project at a time.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Lets talk about cars! Car Thread!

Yeah, this thread is the suxors. Lets just talk about what kind of cars we drive. I noticed a ton of people on here are driving Subaru WRX's. Well you can add me to that list.

I have a 2004 WRX Sport Wagon, Cobb Tuning Stage 2, Access Port, 3" 304 S.S. Turboback Exhaust, Custom 3" Downpipe w/ Metallic CAT, K&N Filter. About 285 Horse Power.

Next Upgrade.. Stage 2.5.. VF34 Ball Bearing Turbo, STI Pink Injectors, and a Walbro fuel pump. Basically a 2 liter STI at this point, similar to the original Japanese STI.

After that, custom designed T.M.I.C., and other things to round out a full stage 3 upgrade. I'll probably just continue to stick with stage 2 for now, maybe after its fully paid off I'll do another upgrade. I should be a bit faster than a stock STI at this point, if I ever get there.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
STi's are nice cars. One of the main rivals for DSMs. I never could understand how that top mounted intercooler can remain efficient sitting over a hot engine, but hey if it works. I never turbo'd a normally aspirated car since it's so much extra work and the engine needs to be strengthened. But talk about sleeper. It's always great fun to maul the unsuspecting who have no idea what you have under the hood...or hondas, I can't stand hondas...lol ;)

That thing looks sick. Right now I am restoring a '67 Stingray hardtop convertible though. Only one project at a time.
Niiice. I need a bigger garage. I'd really love to get a hydraulic lift.

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I'll jump in on hijacking a worthless thread. Ranged30 - love the G35. I had mine for two years and loved it. Didn't mod it any and it still was one of the funnest cars I've owned. I traded it in for Infiniti's M45 - the new model. Another awesome Infiniti vehicle - it had to be my favorite car I've owned. However, I do a lot of property development, and I was needing something a little more off-road capable, so now I'm in a Toyota FJ Cruiser. About to add a lift, brush guard, and winch. Every guy needs a good wench... I mean winch.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
First, nobody cares what you have to say about iPhone. Second, got use your free MoTOQ and enjoy that....NEED I SAY MORE?

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I'll jump in on hijacking a worthless thread. Ranged30 - love the G35. I had mine for two years and loved it. Didn't mod it any and it still was one of the funnest cars I've owned. I traded it in for Infiniti's M45 - the new model. Another awesome Infiniti vehicle - it had to be my favorite car I've owned. However, I do a lot of property development, and I was needing something a little more off-road capable, so now I'm in a Toyota FJ Cruiser. About to add a lift, brush guard, and winch. Every guy needs a good wench... I mean winch.
So yes we have totally hijacked this thread. I LOVE the M45 unfortunately I would have to buy the M35x since it would be more of a family car and I live in Colorado where it snows. But anyway... gorgeous car!

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
You know for you Infiniti fans...in 2008 the GT-R is finally making its way to America. It's going to be a beast! If I didn't decide to go with a kit car that's what I'd be getting. It'll probably be 60-80k but it's the legendary GT-R, nuff said!