why im not going to buy day 1

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
when i'm not driving the Lambo, which is rare because of LA traffic, i usually just stick to the Rover. What can i say, it's an A to B car.

actually, i roll in a 2006 VW Passat. woopty woop!

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
You know for you Infiniti fans...in 2008 the GT-R is finally making its way to America. It's going to be a beast! If I didn't decide to go with a kit car that's what I'd be getting. It'll probably be 60-80k but it's the legendary GT-R, nuff said!
I know I can't wait! I am pretty sure I am going to try to get one... Great now I have another iDay (Infiniti Day) to look forward to. :laugh2::laugh2:

gomie

Jun 25, 2007
wow. impressive initial reviews. i always said this product might be brilliant. except waiting a minute for some web pages to load via edge doesn't sound like much fun. anyone here miss the dialup days? also, im not really sold on the text entry yet. have fun w the ipod tho!

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I know I can't wait! I am pretty sure I am going to try to get one... Great now I have another iDay (Infiniti Day) to look forward to. :laugh2::laugh2:
Uh Oh, in addition to having to vie with you for iPhone, I'm also going to have to out wait you for the GT-R. I'm already planning on adding it as a second vehicle. Got my FJ already paid for with this in mind. Although, as I'm sure you're aware, technically you won't be able to call that another iDay - it will have to be nDay as the GT-R has been slated as a Nissan branding. I'm a little baffled by that one, but it really makes no difference, especially considering all of the design that is going into this car. They are really designing it to be a Porsche killer. Even have a Porsche that they test with it to make sure they're beating expectaions.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Uh Oh, in addition to having to vie with you for iPhone, I'm also going to have to out wait you for the GT-R. I'm already planning on adding it as a second vehicle. Got my FJ already paid for with this in mind. Although, as I'm sure you're aware, technically you won't be able to call that another iDay - it will have to be nDay as the GT-R has been slated as a Nissan branding. I'm a little baffled by that one, but it really makes no difference, especially considering all of the design that is going into this car. They are really designing it to be a Porsche killer. Even have a Porsche that they test with it to make sure they're beating expectaions.
Actually everything I am reading says it will be Infiniti Branded. Who knows, who cares i will have one.

Jun 26, 2007
Iladelph
I have been lurking on this forum for awhile and decided to post my situation today. Right now I have the Nokia E62 and I mean it is ok real clunky and slow and freezes a lot which i hate oh well. But I am actually eligible for an upgrade for an upgrade June 30 so that is pretty good timing. I live in State College, Pennsylvania and we have two AT&T stores one in the mall and one near the Penn State campus in downtown State College. I am going to get up early Saturday and hit the mall one up first then try to go downtown and see If I can snag one. I can deal with the E62 for now because I really want the iPhone. And being a college student I got a pretty good gauge on the town and I hvae a feeling that the demand might not be as high here as it would be in other places. However, I could also get unlucky and neither store have enough Saturday. Its worth a try.

applefreak

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Winter Park FL
Actually everything I am reading says it will be Infiniti Branded. Who knows, who cares i will have one.
Same here. GT-R is the flagship car of Nissan and should thereforee carry the luxury badge. In Japan there is no Infiniti, just Nissan. The G35 is actually the Skyline 4 door and couple models over there ever since they diverged the Skyline and GT-R as two separate model lines, and merged the Fairlady Z and Skyline production teams. Which is why the Z and G35 now share the same platform while the GT-R is no longer part of the Skylines.

I used to be in the service and stationed in Japan. Lots of my friends drove skylines over there.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Hey, I don't have a college degree. I work in a call center and I can afford the iPhone. So, it's nonsense to think you have to have a college education to have an iPhone.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Lets see the MP3 player came out before iPod nano, Video Payers came out before iPod. Who came out with the first GUI operating sytem.

They are PDA's that do the same as the iPhone (don't have a home screen).

Only reason I want it, is because it looks good and is the NEW THING.

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
MP3 players did come out before the Nano... but name one industry leading MP3 player that came out before the iPod?... video players came out also before the video iPods, but they were large clunky, and most were DVD players anyhow, not small and sleek. And PDA's did everything the iPhone does....well, with the exceptions of play high resolution movies, have high data capacities for music and data, feature a easy to use (mostly) glitch free OS (again...mostly), oh yes...and make phone calls.

as for the car. ford focus. w00t.

and '89 s-10 project with a '97 Camaro LT1 in it with 6 speed manual transmission and 15 psi boost. oh its hottt