Why I'm not waiting for "Ver.2"...

SabaUnited

Bronze
Feb 5, 2008
Bucks County, PA
So after months of watching my sister use her iPhone, I finally realized I've been missing out on a revolution. I thought it was going to be the summer before ordering my precious. It was never about the cost or lack or features, I just figured I would wait under the second one with maybe some more memory. But then, SUPER tuesday came and at approx. 9:30 am, I joined the family.. I think. It was weird, I ordered the 16G and waited all day for a confirmation letter at work. At 5:30 i called Apple and asked if they could resend the letter and to check if the order was placed (I used a different shipping address and name then the billing). Then at home, after dinner, I still waited. The next morning, before work, still nothing. Idk, scary to think that after months of waiting and waiting that that my $550 could be gone. But then, when I got home the letter was waiting for me. I never got that second though...

Well, I'm typing here waiting for the shipment still iphone-less. I think everyone reading this, still waiting for the second version, just go out and buy it. I don't even have it but know it will be worth it. We all know they are probably designing a 3rd as week speak, so why not? Take the leap...

SabaUnited, can not wait to glide...

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
So after months of watching my sister use her iPhone, I finally realized I've been missing out on a revolution. I thought it was going to be the summer before ordering my precious. It was never about the cost or lack or features, I just figured I would wait under the second one with maybe some more memory. But then, SUPER tuesday came and at approx. 9:30 am, I joined the family.. I think. It was weird, I ordered the 16G and waited all day for a confirmation letter at work. At 5:30 i called Apple and asked if they could resend the letter and to check if the order was placed (I used a different shipping address and name then the billing). Then at home, after dinner, I still waited. The next morning, before work, still nothing. Idk, scary to think that after months of waiting and waiting that that my $550 could be gone. But then, when I got home the letter was waiting for me. I never got that second though...

Well, I'm typing here waiting for the shipment still iphone-less. I think everyone reading this, still waiting for the second version, just go out and buy it. I don't even have it but know it will be worth it. We all know they are probably designing a 3rd as week speak, so why not? Take the leap...

SabaUnited, can not wait to glide...
welcome to the site and enjoy your iPhone! you won't regret getting it. And don't worry, you'll upgrade to the v2 just as soon as it's available!

SabaUnited

Bronze
Feb 5, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Thanks broski. uhh, idk, I'm not buying this phone right now so that I can sell it on craigslist or something and buy a new one.

SabaUnited, thinks 3G is over rated.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks broski. uhh, idk, I'm not buying this phone right now so that I can sell it on craigslist or something and buy a new one.

SabaUnited, thinks 3G is over rated.
3g overrated...eh maybe. I do like the ability to transmit data and voice at the same time and the better call clarity. But if v2 comes out with GPS, video recording, updated camera, and if MMS isn't implemented in this version but is in the second version, I'll be all over it.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
3G is not overated. First off, if your browsing or using any data feature on the iPhone you will not be able to receive calls. The caller will either be sent straight to vm or it will ring and ring on the callers end but not yours and the only way you will ever know they called is if they leave a message.(Not entirely 3G dependant because some edge phones have a data interrupt feat which is a shame the iPhone dosent) Also streaming Video or Audio(for ex. youtube, fm radio etc) is almost unbearable on edge but very enjoyable on wi-fi or 3G. Third, 3G is like having a wi-fi connection with blazing fast data speeds wherever you go.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
3G is not overated. First off, if your browsing or using any data feature on the iPhone you will not be able to receive calls. The caller will either be sent straight to vm or it will ring and ring on the callers end but not yours and the only way you will ever know they called is if they leave a message.(Not entirely 3G dependant because some edge phones have a data interrupt feat which is a shame the iPhone dosent) Also streaming Video or Audio(for ex. youtube, fm radio etc) is almost unbearable on edge but very enjoyable on wi-fi or 3G. Third, 3G is like having a wi-fi connection with blazing fast data speeds wherever you go.
I miss 3G from my 8525 days - and agree it is not overrated ...

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yah , this is another one of those "try to justify my purchase threads". Don't ask me how I know?:laugh2:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I miss 3G from my 8525 days - and agree it is not overrated ...
I agree 3g is not overrated, but the speed of 3g is not the primary benefit of it to me. Thats all most people who say they are happy with EDGE key in on. 3g is much more than just a speed increase but many don't realize that and just say they can do without.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
wow I didn't know that about the data and not being able to get calls

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
wow I didn't know that about the data and not being able to get calls
I know, one of the iPhones biggest downfalls. While actively transmitting data it cannot receive calls. Works when on wifi though.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
Welcome to the site. You definitely made a good decision and you won't regret it. The iPhone revolution is here to stay haha!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I know, one of the iPhones biggest downfalls. While actively transmitting data it cannot receive calls. Works when on wifi though.

doesn't bother me too much. if the call is important enough they can leave a voicemail :cool:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I guess...but it should be a phone first. All extras are so great that it makes it's liveable.

true it should be a phone first, but I get more enjoyment playing with it than I do talking on it. then again there's not many people I like talking to...