Why I'm struggling with a $2XX.00 iPad Mini.

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by Hinezy, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

If the newly released iPod Touch is $300 like I'm hearing, how can Apple possibly make an iPad mini hit the $200 range!? Even keeping the iPod Touch at $200 and an iPad Mini at $200-$250 won't work. I believe the huge market for the iPod Touch is kids, I also believe that's going to be the huge market for the iPad Mini. This being said I think if Apple is able to make a $2xx.00 iPad Mini, sales will drastically drop on the iPod Touch.

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Before the new new iPods were announced I figured Apple would sell the iPad mini and either $249 or $299..

That no longer makes sense given the iPod prices.. I can only assume the mini would be priced at $349 which in my opinion is a massive failure right off the bat!

3. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

because the mini wont have a retina display

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Yes, rumors have it that the mini will basically be a shrunken iPad 2...

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Apple has no problem cannibalizing sales of its own products. At least they wouldn't be letting someone else cannibalize them.

If the mini comes in at the same price as an iPod touch, I bet the iPod touch would still garner a decent share of the sales because of its greater pocketability. Kids love iPads, but kids love being able to have their "own" iPod touches even more.

6. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Apple isn't as worried about selling iPod touches vs an iPad or iPad mini. I think it's going to start out at a $299 price point. They WILL sell like hot cakes, I guarantee it. I don't have an iPad because it's just too big. I have a kindle fire. Apple makes a tablet that size, kindle fire will be sold for peanuts and I will have an iPad mini. The quality and experience of the Apple product vs the kindle is just so much better. The kindle is useable, but it's not an iPad. The mini would easily be worth $100 more than the kindle.

7. ClarkKent724

ClarkKent724 Member
    Bronze

With everything getting the retina display (even the new touch) I'll be disappointed if the iPad mini doesn't get it. Of course, a retina display would be sure to jack the price up. I'm certainly dreaming, but if Apple could load an iPad mini with everything the new touches have and a $250 price point I'd be sold.

8. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I have iPad 2 and love it. It's not the big to carry around with you. Even weather channel uses iPad :)

9. chriskyo

chriskyo New Member

I think mini will have a retina screen, if not, it has no much competitiveness compared with other Android tablets