Why iPhone 4S has Bluetooth?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
Why iPhone 4S has Bluetooth if this is not to connect with other Bluetooth devices. It's not that it doesn't connect with other phones, it never connects with other iPhone 4S as well. Apple should take this feature out from the next iPhone if this is to be useless.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Why iPhone 4S has Bluetooth if this is not connect with other Bluetooth devices. It's not that it doesn't connect with other phones it never connects with other iPhone 4S. Apple should take this feature out from the next iPhone if this is to be useless.
Now that is funny. Remove Bluetooth... Headsets, keyboards, direct link with many car systems... Oh yeah it's worthless.

Markyboy

Bronze
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah I agree it's useless. I say this while streaming audio via a2dp to my my useless bluetooth car stereo. I also have some high quality Bluetooth headphones but these are useless too.
I occasionally transfer pictures between my iPhone and iPad using bump but that's useless as well.
The only feature missing is the ability to accept/receive stuff from non-Apple devices but in all honestly, it's not a big deal when you have mms, email, social networking, services like Dropbox, whatsapp etc etc etc.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Why iPhone 4S has Bluetooth if this is not connect with other Bluetooth devices. It's not that it doesn't connect with other phones it never connects with other iPhone 4S. Apple should take this feature out from the next iPhone if this is to be useless.
How can you say it's useless? I only use bluetooth for one thing and that's to directly link to my car's bluetooth. That alone makes bluetooth completely USEFUL!

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Using Bluetooth to transfer things phone to phone is a dying technology. As others have stated, most use apps, email, or texting to do this. This was useful before the boom of smartphones that are all connected to the Internet...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Bluetooth is a bag of hurt. It is so difficult to get it to do what you want it to do that it is amazing that Apple even include it in their devices at all. They usually don't do something that can't be made to work 90% of the time for 90% of the people.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
Using Bluetooth to transfer things phone to phone is a dying technology. As others have stated, most use apps, email, or texting to do this. This was useful before the boom of smartphones that are all connected to the Internet...
Yes I agree its dying technology but still is can be useful when u want to share something without using the net. For example when one runs out of monthly data plan... Bluetooth is not that old technology yet.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
How can you say it's useless? I only use bluetooth for one thing and that's to directly link to my car's bluetooth. That alone makes bluetooth completely USEFUL!
Yes that's what bothers me! If it can connect with cars Bluetooth and it connects with my car navigator too then what's the problem with other devices! And it also doesn't go well with other iPhones too... :(

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I use a Bluetooth headset every day, so it's not useless to me. You can connect to other phones and transfer all types of files via Bluetooth if you jailbreak, but I find that DropBox is just as easy for media that I can't text or email.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
I use a Bluetooth headset every day, so it's not useless to me. You can connect to other phones and transfer all types of files via Bluetooth if you jailbreak, but I find that DropBox is just as easy for media that I can't text or email.
Dropbox is good thing. I have it and I admire it. But Bluetooth has its own advantage. And I couldn't understand that jailbreaking! I think It should be mentioned in the catalogue (supplied by Apple with the iPhone) that you have to jailbreak iPhone if u want to use bluetooth else its just showpiece. At least we will be knowing what is there in store for us.

Markyboy

Bronze
Oct 29, 2011
I can't imagine Apple would include the words 'you have to jailbreak to use Bluetooth properly' in the manual, but I see where you're coming from.

Sanjeev

Bronze
Mar 17, 2012
I can't imagine Apple would include the words 'you have to jailbreak to use Bluetooth properly' in the manual, but I see where you're coming from.
I was kidding about Apple mentioning jailbreak in the catalogue. No sane company will ever allow that. Infact, It was a sarcastic remark.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Yes I agree its dying technology but still is can be useful when u want to share something without using the net. For example when one runs out of monthly data plan... Bluetooth is not that old technology yet.
I only stated that Bluetooth to transfer files was dying, not Bluetooth itself. I use BT every day in my car for streaming media. It will continue to get better as more cars adopt AVDTP profiles for phones. But if I need to send a picture or video, it's a text message. Need to send a .pdf or .doc, it's an email.