Why iPhone rebate details on FRIDAY would be bad...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Strategically, in politics and in PR, bad news is disclosed on a Friday afternoon at the end of the weekly news cycle, so that By Monday's cycle the initial furor will have worn off somewhat.

If Apple waits 'til Friday, I foresee a not-so-favorable rebate with a lot of conditions: one per customer, not applicable to ipod, imac, i-anything good, etc., etc.

Just speculating.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Strategically, in politics and in PR, bad news is disclosed on a Friday afternoon at the end of the weekly news cycle, so that By Monday's cycle the initial furor will have worn off somewhat.

If Apple waits 'til Friday, I foresee a not-so-favorable rebate with a lot of conditions: one per customer, not applicable to ipod, imac, i-anything good, etc., etc.

Just speculating.
Hope your speculation doesn't turn out to be true

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Hope your speculation doesn't turn out to be true
This is being setup as a mail-in-rebate offer, even wrose its in-store only. We all know how hard it is and how LONG it takes to get mail-in-rebates. I'm sure Apple will follow the same flow as making the rebate hard will cause less people to signup and this way they may only have to give out lets say 35% out of all the sales.

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
This is being setup as a mail-in-rebate offer, even wrose its in-store only. We all know how hard it is and how LONG it takes to get mail-in-rebates. I'm sure Apple will follow the same flow as making the rebate hard will cause less people to signup and this way they may only have to give out lets say 35% out of all the sales.
I agree with it being a mail-in-rebate offer. They want to make it difficult as possible for all early adopters, lol.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
There is a System on the Apple website that allows for you to input the iPhones serial #(found in iTunes) into the box and it tells you the warranty available on it and the date of purchase. By the looks of it, they already have all the iPhones date of Purchase so Iam hoping they utilize that system to give the rebates.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
How exactly do you know this? any proof? or pure speculation?

Aug 20, 2007
also, re-read the open letter from Jobs, it says the credit is going will be able to be used for anything at a retail store or on Apple.com I think they are just working out if it's going to be mail in, automatic, etc... but there won't be limitations on what you can use it on.

I for one am going to hold on to it and use it towards Leapord..next month :laugh2: