Why iPhone?

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
The plastic cheap feeling usually (subjective opinion) goes away after you use it and realize that lighter isn't cheaper, or once you otterbox it hah. I would have to say try it out, use an open mindset, enjoy the other side for a few months!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Et tu, iPhonewarrior? I am aghast. If the plastic is all that's keeping you on our side, maybe it's time you go.

I dedicate this song to you as a tear drips slowly down my cheek...

I've grown to expect a certain standard when buying and using a phone. The S3 looks nice, but feels cheap. And from the looks of things it may be the same for the S4. Just my opinion.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The plastic cheap feeling usually (subjective opinion) goes away after you use it and realize that lighter isn't cheaper, or once you otterbox it hah. I would have to say try it out, use an open mindset, enjoy the other side for a few months!
I've got an S3. Recently upgraded from an S2 (work phones). Screens nice, that's probably about it :)

I've also got a Nexus 7, which I love using due to it's size. Sometimes i'll find myself going for the Nexus instead of my iPad 3...

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've grown to expect a certain standard when buying and using a phone. The S3 looks nice, but feels cheap. And from the looks of things it may be the same for the S4. Just my opinion.
Have you used an S3, John? I have, and I didn't think it felt cheap. It felt like a phone, much as the 3G and 3GS did. Like I said before, it was the software that killed the experience for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you used an S3, John? I have, and I didn't think it felt cheap. It felt like a phone, much as the 3G and 3GS did. Like I said before, it was the software that killed the experience for me.
Read my other post, I own an S3. It's an alright phone and like I said the screens nice, battery isn't the best and it was slightly bendy. I've just been spoilt with having an aluminium and glass phone. :p