Why is Airplane Mode at the top in settings?

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
It is used far less frequently than wifi, yet it is at the top. Yet another poor design choice by Apple in an otherwise great phone

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
In your opinion.

I have never toggled wifi. I use airplane mode often. So to me it is in a good location.

Aug 31, 2010
What horrifying problems we have, hey? I, for one, am incredibly annoyed that I have to move my finger about 1/4 of an inch down in order to turn off and on the magical waves from space that allow us nearly unlimited access to worldwide information and communication. I say that we start a class action lawsuit against Apple seeking monetary damages for pain, suffering, and the 1 extra calorie burned that we could have used for whining.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
What horrifying problems we have, hey? I, for one, am incredibly annoyed that I have to move my finger about 1/4 of an inch down in order to turn off and on the magical waves from space that allow us nearly unlimited access to worldwide information and communication. I say that we start a class action lawsuit against Apple seeking monetary damages for pain, suffering, and the 1 extra calorie burned that we could have used for whining.
Somebody has a case of the Monday's. ;)

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
How many ppl travel more than they use the Internet?

RedWritingHood

Bronze
Jan 22, 2011
MO
How fun would a scramble button be, where it would move all the buttons to a new spot!

Anyone?

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Maybe knowing what airplane mode does would help

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
It is used far less frequently than wifi, yet it is at the top. Yet another poor design choice by Apple in an otherwise great phone
JB then get SBSettings then you can put all those things where you want in a nice drop down activated however you want....within reason.
I owned a Land Rover once - indicator stalk and wiper stalk were on the wrong sides!

Camitampa

Bronze
Apr 1, 2009
Tampa Fl
I use airplane mode everyday at work. I'm happy where it is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Willsrx

Bronze
Jun 26, 2010
Would be nice to have access to all those quick settings without jail breaking. It just makes sense. I can commiserate with the op in the sense that it doesn't matter whether it's airplane or wifi, having that quick access is surely more convenient.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Now THAT'S a good laugh. Well done! Puts it in perspective quite well:D

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
I use airplane mode a lot here on my travels to not waste money so i love it at the top

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can add a WiFi toggle to your home screen like I have done here. I toggle WiFi multiple times a day (I have to turn it off due to RF interference while I'm talking on Bluetooth) so I need that setting to be very handy.

http://brdrck.me/settings/