Why is alphabet not showing to right of contacts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i was in an AT&T store earlier today and notice the contacts view in an iPhone they had on display. I noticed that the contacts view had the alphabet on the right of the contacts. I tried to set that up on mine, and of course the guy in the AT&T store didn't know how.

I need assistance with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
i was in an AT&T store earlier today and notice the contacts view in an iPhone they had on display...i noticed that the contacts view had the alphabet on the right of the contacts...i tried to set that up on mine, and of course the guy in the AT&T store didn't know...so i need a lil' assistance with this one:laugh2:
That should be built in... Is it not there?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
i was in an AT&T store earlier today and notice the contacts view in an iPhone they had on display...i noticed that the contacts view had the alphabet on the right of the contacts...i tried to set that up on mine, and of course the guy in the AT&T store didn't know...so i need a lil' assistance with this one:laugh2:
You need to have more than 20 contacts for the alphabet to show up.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
its all good baby...:laugh2:...just tryn to get the best out this iPhone naughmeen...i tried to do a post with 3 quotes in one but...well...i tried
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh meeeeeeeeeeeeeeannnnnnnnn?!?!?!?! :p

yeah i don't know how to do multiple quotes either, so i don't. lol

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Mine didn't show up at first either, but after adding a few contacts it popped up. I have 21 now, FWIW.