Why is iPhone for you?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Why do you want the iPhone? What feature or feature(s) do you like about it? List what it is so everyone can know what is in store for them when the iPhone is out.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Besides the cool factor......I think the phone just does it all..plus I can kill time when I'm at work, check sites like this one(wiFi).....

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The full browser is the thing that gets me. I like being able to access the web to get news and sports scores, but our network at school goes down too much. When it does, I just surf the web on my phone. The day of the Virginia Tech tragedy, I learned about it while surfing the web on my phone during planning. The iPhone will give me the capability to surf the web with a full browser anywhere I can get the Cingular/At&t network. That's awesome to me.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I got interested in the iPhone because of the iPod-Phone integration. I really like the idea of only having to carry one device with me instead of two.

The ease of use and the internet capabilities sold me. Every feature on the iPhone that has been demonstrated appears to be extremely well implemented. I look forward to having a phone that reduces my aggravation instead of adding to it ;).

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I want the iPhone simply for the fact that I own all Apple products. I have 4 iPods and 2 Computers and the iPhone is really the last piece of technology I use regularly that is not Apple. I know that they will all work together seamlessly and will look pretty together.

Plus:
Cool factor
Multi-Touch
Accelerometer
Proximity Sensor
iPod (one I don't have:p)
Email
Web
Phone
Widgets

Ok i think thats it!:laugh2:

This is a great question and I'm glad the question was posted for me to ask it. If you were my financial advisor and looked at my current budget you might say I was making an unwise move in BUYING and iPhone but it is for me and my businesss for several reasons;

1.) One of the major things my businesss does is develop web site however I can see the future and realize that it should not be normal for people to be tied down to a computer (even a laptop) to get to the information they need. Even though the response was less than stellar at the first iPhone announcement about being an "Internet Communicator" I see it as a pardaim shift. The same goes for the Safari announcement. Those looked like lame announcements but I have a feeling they will have a great impact historically than any new hardware announcement like an ultra portable notebook. The iPhone IS an ultra portable solution. I want the sites and web apps to work for our customer best interests.

2.) Visual voice mail - this will save immense amounts of time

3.) The camera - even though I have two digital camera. One a Canon Digital Rebel SLR and an older Olympus Camedia which I use for a lot of Macro work I like the fact I can have an easier way to take photos and also add them to my library a lot easier than convential cell phones with cameras.

4.) I can enjoy and learn from my video podcasts on the go. My current iPod is a Mini that doesn't have video.

I could name a few more but the iPhone will be perfect for me both for businesss and person reasons.

May 6, 2007
United States
I am a pretty big technology junkie. I love it when there is a small, sleek new device that can do new things and old things, while still feeling and looking good. I love it when there is so much bang for your buck, as well. At first, $600 seems a very steep price, but when you really look into it, you realize that it is but a small to moderate price for the next big thing. There are like 40 patents on this thing alone, and it can only get better. I also love Apple and how innovative they are, and can't wait!

I am pretty big technology junkie. I love it when there is a small, sleek new device that can do new things and old things, while still feeling and looking good. I love it when there is so much bang for your buck, as well. At first, $600 seems a very steep price, but when you really look into it, you realize that it is but a small to moderate price for the next big thing. There are like 40 patents on this thing alone, and it can only get better. I also love Apple and how innovative they are, and can't wait!
True, and that's one reason I think the name iPhone short sells the device. Jobs made a better point in his Keynote in March when is said it was "three devices" iPod, Phone, Internet Communicator and then revealed that it was one device. When you combine those three feature the price is not really that bad but if you tell someone you might pay $500 - $600 for a phone or more they will look at you like you're crazy. If Apple was selling just a phone I would not buy it but instead another cell phone or cheaper "smart phone on the market. But the way the other features fuse with the phone feature are what makes it so attractive.

May 6, 2007
United States
True, and that's one reason I think the name iPhone short sells the device. Jobs made a better point in his Keynote in March when is said it was "three devices" iPod, Phone, Internet Communicator and then revealed that it was one device. When you combine those three feature the price is not really that bad but if you tell someone you might pay $500 - $600 for a phone or more they will look at you like you're crazy. If Apple was selling just a phone I would not buy it but instead another cell phone or cheaper "smart phone on the market. But the way the other features fuse with the phone feature are what makes it so attractive.

Yeah, Steve made some great points. And not only is it those three great devices, but it is joining them all together beautifully into one device.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
When I first heard rumors about an iPhone a couple years ago, I knew I needed it because I was tired of carrying a phone and iPod around and wishing I had them together in one device. Since the iPhone's announcement, I think that convergence factor is #1, followed by it's full browser and email capabilities, tied in with syncing everything up and apps. The fact that Apple is doing it and doing it way beyond my expectations makes it so much sweeter! :)

Good question

It' about 5 years that I've been using phones and mobile phones daily, and every day I suddenly noticed that technology could do awesome stuffs with mobile devices, included the iPod (At the beginning I was wondering on next generations of iPod as well, so "mobile devices" meant a wide range of products)

In all these years I've been using always sort of criple phones, just with SMS and calls, but SIMPLE, TINY and that WORKED: these tre features had to have a phone in order to be mine, and all the super-brand-new-special-micro-turbo-nuclear-phones that have been coming out in the years, well, they just hadn't these 3 features, although they were pretty smart

I've been waiting a product that jsut have these 3 features, but that was also SMART, a mobile device that combines all what I need, in a simple, tiny and smart way: iPhone is the first product that answered me

I thought there will never be such a great product, I thought that's science-fiction or stuff like that, but now I know that's not true: thi is real, and it's to be mine

Last edited by a moderator:

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
About a month before the iPhone was announced I was looking for a new phone, all all the ones I looked at just didn't meet my expectations. They were either missing something; like bluetooth, or were completely ugly and the UI was terrible. I was really disappointed that there wasn't a phone that did everything well (Email, calling, multimedia, internet (I would have been happy with the baby internet!)) I mean, most newish phones have something called "mobile TV" I forced a guy at a shop to demonstrate it for me and it was S***!, the video only filled a quarter of the screen and was horrible to watch. Not only that but almost all phones have special headphone jacks so you can only use the ones that the phone came with, so music is out of the question.

I am getting the iPhone because it is the only decent phone out there. (Except in Japan, they have some kick ass phones!)