Why is it so difficult to fast forward in YouTube?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Oh I thought it was separate from iOS since it was YouTube. Any way have you noticed that? It's literally impossible

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Are we talking about when you out your finger in the progress bar and it says high speed scrubbing?

I have never had any problems with this.

Edit: I will say that I literally use YouTube once a month.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It works for me most of the time, but it does seem a little less responsive than it used to be.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I still have the problem in landscape mode. I'm not sure what could be causing it.
So I went and tried it. As I stated above I rarely use YouTube.
I do see the problem now. It is hard to get it just right. If anything it seems u have to be a little above or below the bar to get it to work.
In portrait mode not only does that seem abnormal for use but is impossible with a small progress bar.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
It is really annoying. The only reason for it to be so unresponsive would be if it were easy to accidentally hit, but YouTube is one of the least interactive apps on the phone, you hardly touch the screen at all after you press play. It isn't an iOS issue bc the ff/rewind button works fine in the music app. I wish they'd fix it, as I (try to) use that function frequently. Why do you guys call it the scrubbing bar?

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I think it's harder to hit, because it's constantly trying to figure out whether you're reaching for it, or reaching for Notification Center. I get the wrong one half the time as it is.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Didn't this problem exist before iOS 5? Regardless it should assume that you are trying to fast forward, which is used much more than notifications when watching a video

Also what is the deal with "could not load movie"?

I get this message almost every time I click a YouTube link in google search results.