Why is music playing

Shlov1

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
This is a strange one for everyone and I hope someone can help. When I had my 3G whenever I would attach it to my radio's dock it would automatically start playing music I had stored on there. It is a pain when I just want to charge it or to use Pandora, Slacker, etc. Now, that I have my new 3gs the same thing was happening with the new earphones. When I would be listening to slacker and I press the button on the earphones to adjust the volume, it automatically launches the ipod and starts playing those songs. Can someone help? Is there something I can do to change this or toggle some button? Thanks.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
The only thing I would guess is that you are pressing the middle part of the headphone buttons at the same time. This starts music playback and if you press it again it stops.

Be careful when adjusting the volume you press the ends of the buttons.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
This is a strange one for everyone and I hope someone can help. When I had my 3G whenever I would attach it to my radio's dock it would automatically start playing music I had stored on there. It is a pain when I just want to charge it or to use Pandora, Slacker, etc. Now, that I have my new 3gs the same thing was happening with the new earphones. When I would be listening to slacker and I press the button on the earphones to adjust the volume, it automatically launches the ipod and starts playing those songs. Can someone help? Is there something I can do to change this or toggle some button? Thanks.
I am running into kind of the same thing, only it's a matter of BT audio on a 3GS using Ford's Sync in an 2009 escape. When ever I am in BT audio, then stop turn off the car and leave, when I return the phone starts to play again. It seems to be a kind of last funtion memory issue. The only way out on BT is to stop the Ipod function, exit Ipod and the close out. On the car switch to a different input such as radio.