Why is the iPod arrow appearing like a song is playing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Anyone seen this on their phone? I'll open a safari window and go to a webpage and I look and the arrow appears next to the battery as if I'm playing a song or video. I close out and it still stays there and I check the ipod and nothing is playing. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the home button for like 10 seconds to to a hard kill of that application. Pretty weird.

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Anyone seen this on their phone? I'll open a safari window and go to a webpage and I look and the arrow appears next to the battery as if I'm playing a song or video. I close out and it still stays there and I check the ipod and nothing is playing. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the home button for like 10 seconds to to a hard kill of that application. Pretty weird.
I have noticed the same thing but, it is just an occasional thing. What I have done is start a song and stop it. The arrow goes away. Don't know what is causing it. I have not noticed a significant change in battery usage as a result.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think it happens when you play media from a webpage. As mentioned, quickly playing and pausing the ipod will make it go away. Probably a bug.

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
yup happens to me all the time since i use the ipod function a lot around college and when i stop playback it comes back randomly. I think it does effect battery actually from what i've noticed. a bug for sure. Just exit the ipod completely (holding home for 8 seconds) and it fixes it temporarily

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
hmmm it must be only when you play media while in the browser because i have never seen this happenand i only play media in safari like 0.5% of the time.

oh and its not an arrow, its the play symbol, which is still an arrow but just saying thats what it is.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I think it happens when you play media from a webpage. As mentioned, quickly playing and pausing the ipod will make it go away. Probably a bug.
Yes, it only happens when you're playing a media in your web browser. I'm sure 1.1.2 fixed this. Can't tell yet since i haven't updated...

kazzaf

Sep 23, 2007
I noticed last night for the first time too. If its the safari then I can understand it. I was listening to podcast and sirfing the web and every so often my podcast would stop. and I would have to restart it but the arrow was next to the battery. Maybe it was a website that was starting to play media and it crashed my podcast.?