Why is the iPod arrow appearing like a song is playing?

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Anyone seen this on their phone? I'll open a safari window and go to a webpage and I look and the arrow appears next to the battery as if I'm playing a song or video. I close out and it still stays there and I check the ipod and nothing is playing. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the home button for like 10 seconds to to a hard kill of that application. Pretty weird.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Mine's been doing that since the last update.

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Anyone seen this on their phone? I'll open a safari window and go to a webpage and I look and the arrow appears next to the battery as if I'm playing a song or video. I close out and it still stays there and I check the ipod and nothing is playing. The only way to get rid of it is to hold the home button for like 10 seconds to to a hard kill of that application. Pretty weird.
I have noticed the same thing but, it is just an occasional thing. What I have done is start a song and stop it. The arrow goes away. Don't know what is causing it. I have not noticed a significant change in battery usage as a result.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think it happens when you play media from a webpage. As mentioned, quickly playing and pausing the ipod will make it go away. Probably a bug.

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
yup happens to me all the time since i use the ipod function a lot around college and when i stop playback it comes back randomly. I think it does effect battery actually from what i've noticed. a bug for sure. Just exit the ipod completely (holding home for 8 seconds) and it fixes it temporarily

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
hmmm it must be only when you play media while in the browser because i have never seen this happenand i only play media in safari like 0.5% of the time.

oh and its not an arrow, its the play symbol, which is still an arrow but just saying thats what it is.

Oct 24, 2007
i did a restore and it fixed it for me. maybe try restoring.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I think it happens when you play media from a webpage. As mentioned, quickly playing and pausing the ipod will make it go away. Probably a bug.
Yes, it only happens when you're playing a media in your web browser. I'm sure 1.1.2 fixed this. Can't tell yet since i haven't updated...

kazzaf

Sep 23, 2007
I noticed last night for the first time too. If its the safari then I can understand it. I was listening to podcast and sirfing the web and every so often my podcast would stop. and I would have to restart it but the arrow was next to the battery. Maybe it was a website that was starting to play media and it crashed my podcast.?