Why is uninstalling an app not giving me the prompt to remove it from Game Center?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I recently got the free version of a game. I liked it, so I went ahead and purchased the paid version. I proceeded to delete the free version. However, I wasn't given the pop-up asking if I wanted to remove it from Game Center.

Now it shows both the paid and the free version on Game Center. I'd like to keep just one version listed on Game Center—the paid version (see screenshot below).

I've tried re-downloading and re-deleting the free version to no avail. Is this something new? Not letting you remove a game from Game Center after you delete it from your device?

Any help would be appreciated.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recently got the free version of a game. I liked it, so I went ahead and purchased the paid version. I proceeded to delete the free version. However, I wasn't given the pop-up asking if I wanted to remove it from Game Center.

Now it shows both the paid and the free version on Game Center. I'd like to keep just one version listed on Game Center—the paid version (see screenshot below).

I've tried re-downloading and re-deleting the free version to no avail. Is this something new? Not letting you remove a game from Game Center after you delete it from your device?

Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 43879
I haven't ever used Game Center, so I'm not certain either of these will work, but try swiping to the left of the free version of the app (the same way you delete email) to delete it in Game Center. If that doesn't work, log out of your Apple ID in Game Center and then sign back in.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I haven't ever used Game Center, so I'm not certain either of these will work, but try swiping to the left of the free version of the app (the same way you delete email) to delete it in Game Center. If that doesn't work, log out of your Apple ID in Game Center and then sign back in.
Thank you kindly! Swiping left worked perfectly! Maybe the "old" way of removing a game from Game Center (giving the user the option to remove at the time of app deletion) no longer works, and this "new" way is the only one that remains.

Here's the screen we would see before during app deletion (screenshot not mine):

image.jpeg

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Thank you kindly! Swiping left worked perfectly! Maybe the "old" way of removing a game from Game Center (giving the user the option to remove at the time of app deletion) no longer works, and this "new" way is the only one that remains.

Here's the screen we would see before during app deletion (screenshot not mine):

View attachment 43880
I know I saw that pop up option recently. Yet I tested a few, but saw none. It's been that way for some time. I'll see the game center option, then won't see it. I have no idea what that's about.