Why Jailbreak?

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I have seen screen shots with 5 icons across each row, also some awesome 3D style icons. I like the look but to do the themes the iPhone needs to be Jailbroke, I googled and there are several sites to help Jail Break a iPhone but I've heard some don't work. Is it really worth the Jail Breaking just to get the themes. And are there any drawbacks on ATT Network if I do Jail Break?

Love Me Or Hate Me I'm A TechnoGeek, And I Will Express My Opinion! That's What Forums Are For! Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app!YaHoo!

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
No drawbacks that I'm aware of.
The Absinthe JB for the 4S is super easy.
For me, JBing is a way to add some of my own personality to my iDevice:

Absinthe has not negatively affected my 4S performance in any discernible way.
You can always restore and go back to stock....

Last edited by a moderator:

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
That's one thing I want is customization just don't wanna lose any service it bad enough out here in the boondocks lol

Love Me Or Hate Me I'm A TechnoGeek, And I Will Express My Opinion! That's What Forums Are For! Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app!YaHoo!

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Jailbreak has never negatively impacted my service when I was on tmobile (in fact had to JB to use iPhone with that carrier) or now on Sprint....

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Well guess I'll take my laptop to McDonalds and download what I need. Wish they would get internet out where I live as it stands Satalite is the only option and the people who lived here before me moved without paying termination fees or cutting it off, for some reason they won't hook service back up out here. Think it has sonething to do with the land owner calling them and fussing, but the dish still here.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Had the same issue when I lived in the mountains in the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains @ Mammoth. If you can prove u have no relation with previous tenants, should be able to get service....

If your using a 4S, here is the JB, Absinthe:

greenpois0n.com/

Just make sure you backup your device in iTunes on your laptop or via the cloud on the iPhone first.
Also, make sure your device is running newest firmware, 5.0.1
Just follow the direction on the Greenp0ison page linked above, click on Cydia when it appears on your springboard and away u go!
If your not using a 4S, iClarified has a great guide on their homepage.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Enjoy! Jailbreaking is simple, and the stuff you can do is most excellent.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Had the same issue when I lived in the mountains in the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountains @ Mammoth. If you can prove u have no relation with previous tenants, should be able to get service....

If your using a 4S, here is the JB, Absinthe:

greenpois0n.com/

Just make sure you backup your device in iTunes on your laptop or via the cloud on the iPhone first.
Also, make sure your device is running newest firmware, 5.0.1
Just follow the direction on the Greenp0ison page linked above, click on Cydia when it appears on your springboard and away u go!
If your not using a 4S, iClarified has a great guide on their homepage.
It a complicated situation.... This Trailer was bought for the Pastor to live in and he quit ran off and since my wife is related to the man who owns it and the 80 acres it sits on we talked to him and he let us move in as long as we takecare of the land and watch over his stuff he keeps here. He the one called and made em terminate service before we moved in.

So can I do the jailbreak straight from my iPhone, i keep everything backed on icloud

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You have to use a computer to jailbreak the phone.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Couldn't connect ti greenpoison this morning found a few more most cost 25.00 and there was one free but I wasn't sure of their effectivness. Which all ones accually work?

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Never pay for JB....They will likely just use Absinthe as well.
What was the problem with the greenp0ison link I attached? It's the easiest I've ever used.....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It a complicated situation.... This Trailer was bought for the Pastor to live in and he quit ran off and since my wife is related to the man who owns it and the 80 acres it sits on we talked to him and he let us move in as long as we takecare of the land and watch over his stuff he keeps here. He the one called and made em terminate service before we moved in.

So can I do the jailbreak straight from my iPhone, i keep everything backed on icloud
Like snowtrooper said, never pay for a jailbreak. All paid jailbreaks and software unlocks are scams. The legit software is always provided for free. Use the link he gave you; it's the only jailbreak there is for the 4S. Please explain the problem you experienced when you tried to download it. You have to use a computer to jailbreak.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I never could connect when I hit the link it popped up an error, i might need to update my OS it has been a while since it been online. Be easier if ATT would run their DSL service out here but they said their service in this area is full and cable don't service way out here so we kinda stuck out here.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
No drawbacks that I'm aware of.
The Absinthe JB for the 4S is super easy.
For me, JBing is a way to add some of my own personality to my iDevice:

Absinthe has not negatively affected my 4S performance in any discernible way.
You can always restore and go back to stock....
Just noticed your using my picture of Geddy :) very cool that it's on another phone!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh yeah, that is that Geddy Lee.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I like Rush. My very first email address was geddylee@hotmail.com way back in the mid 90s. I'm remember getting fan mail from people who thought it was really Geddy's.